Close
Duke shfaqur rezultatin -19 deri 0 prej 4
    jom mo i bukri katunit Maska e TikTak
    Anëtarësuar
    26-04-2005
    Postime

Përplaset për vdekje nga një makinë- Ylli Dervishi

kom lexu ke balkan web se ylli dervishi ka pesu aksident me makin.
    e kom pas njoft kur punojsha ke ministrija e financave

ju qi jini n'kanada o lajm i vertet a si
    no glove no love

i/e regjistruar
    Anëtarësuar
    26-09-2003
    Vendndodhja
    varavingo
    Postime
    Poet killed in hit and run

Leading Albanian immigrant was to be profiled in news

Feb 06, 2007 04:30 AM
    Josh Wingrove
    Henry Stancu
    Nick Kyonka
    STAFF REPORTERS

A biography of Ylli Dervishi that was being prepared for an Albanian community newspaper by his high school chum has become an obituary after Dervishi, 49, died in a hit-and-run accident early yesterday.

Dervishi, who worked with his wife as an airport security screener, was driving to work around 5:30 a.m. when their eastbound Chrysler Cirrus was T-boned by a northbound SUV at the intersection of Castlefield Ave. and Caledonia Rd. He was pronounced dead at the scene, while his wife, Roza, was taken to Sunnybrook Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

The former department head in Albania's Ministry of Economics, Dervishi immigrated to Canada with his wife and their son Henry, then 12, in 2000. Involved since in the international Albanian community, fundraising and serving as the vice-executive director for the Albanian Development Fund, a group helping to rebuild the country, he was also an accomplished poet. Yesterday, friends and family were shocked that such an accident could afflict the couple, who had driven to work together every day since they started at Pearson airport in 2002.

"Dervishi, who published his own books of poetry in his home country, realized there was no future for his family there," said long-time friend Verli Kliton, publisher of the Albanian community newspaper JON. "I was just writing his name when my wife told me `Ylli has died,'" said Kliton, who was editing an article that included his friend's biography and a look at his three recent poetry books. "He came here for a better life and to live in peace. Albania is not a place for people like Ylli.

"We are a new community and I wanted our paper to know about him, but not like this." One of the new books, The Dream of Life, has a red rose on its cover in tribute to his wife.

The driver of the SUV – identified as a 2006 Mazda Tribute – fled after the collision, triggering a city-wide manhunt that lasted into the evening. The vehicle had not been reported stolen, and police did not know the driver's condition.

Police believe there may be several witnesses to the accident who saw the SUV driver. and are appealing for them to come forward. Anyone with information is asked to contact Toronto Police Traffic Services at (416) 808-1900.

Patriot i moderuar Maska e Justiniani 2007
    Anëtarësuar
    23-02-2007
    Postime
    me te vertete tragjike , ngushellime familjes se tij - i paharruar qofte
    Omnia mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis.

i/e regjistruar
    Anëtarësuar
    29-05-2005
    Postime
    dhe un e njifja yllin

metevertet gjynaf me ka ardh

Tema të Ngjashme

1. Prifeterinjte Pyesin Hoxhallaret Pergjigjen
    Nga Fjala e drejte në forumin Komuniteti musliman
    Përgjigje: 29
    Postimi i Fundit: 05-02-2009, 07:33
  2. Shërbesa dhe lutje kishtare
    Nga Kryeengjelli në forumin Komuniteti orthodhoks
    Përgjigje: 8
    Postimi i Fundit: 23-12-2006, 17:16
  3. Dita kur Unë u kryqëzova
    Nga Matrix në forumin Komuniteti protestant
    Përgjigje: 18
    Postimi i Fundit: 09-03-2006, 07:27
  4. Ervini Dervishi, heroi shqiptar ne Irak
    Nga edspace në forumin Portali i forumit
    Përgjigje: 75
    Postimi i Fundit: 05-02-2004, 23:52
  5. Prostitucioni dhe morali
    Nga tani në forumin Filozofi-psikologji-sociologji
    Përgjigje: 11
    Postimi i Fundit: 05-01-2003, 06:47

Regullat e Postimit

• Ju nuk mund të hapni tema të reja.
  • Ju nuk mund të postoni në tema.
  • Ju nuk mund të bashkëngjitni skedarë.
  • Ju nuk mund të ndryshoni postimet tuaja.
  •