Close
Faqja 3 prej 5 FillimFillim 12345 FunditFundit
Duke shfaqur rezultatin 41 deri 60 prej 100
    xha Barka Maska e Jonian
    Anëtarësuar
    29-04-2002
    Vendndodhja
    Ec drejt bulevardit deri te Skenderbeu. Aty pastaj futja nga te duash...
    Postime
    Theodhora mua me vijne ne email ne gjuhen kineze dhe mezi i perkthej ne anglisht.Meqe eshte si here e pare, po ta bej qejfin, po here tjeter mendohu mire se perkthimet paguhen $30/ore
    Postimi i dyte ben fjale per grante qe ofrohen nga programi Kokkalis prane universitetit Harvard per kerkime shkencore ne Europen Juglindore. Aplikantet ose duhet ta bejne praktiken ne Europen Juglindore ose te punojne ketu ne U.S.A. ne nje projekt rreth Europes Juglindore. Afati i fundit per aplikimet eshte 23 prill 2004. Shumat e perfituara nga grantet nuk dihen akoma, por do te variojne ne varesi te projektit, te vendit te punes etj.
    Trimi i mirë me shoqe shumë

i/e regjistruar
    Anëtarësuar
    03-10-2003
    Vendndodhja
    Big Apple
    Postime
    Moj theodhora, c'e do perkthimin ti moj xhane kur puna per te cilen do te aplikosh kerkon qe ti te punosh ne po ate gjuhe qe ajo eshte shkruar? aq me teper ai"hartimi" eshte testi qe do kalosh...
    hajt tashi, kush iu ka keto vitet mbi koke (dhe lexon akoma forumin shqiptar, pika pika thuaj, ) te aplikoj ketu:

ALBANIA: LONG-TERM CHIEF OF PARTY/DEPUTY CHIEF OF PARTY

ARD, Inc. (http://www.ardinc.com) requests expressions of interest from
    qualified Chief of Pary and Deputy Chief of Party candidates interested in
    joining ARD’s team of proposed candidates for the upcoming USAID-funded activity
    focusing on rule of law, good governance and anti-corruption. The start date for
    this project is not yet known.

General Requirements:
    --Advanced degree (J.D. or Ph.D. preferred) in Law, political science,
    government, international development, history, international relations or other
    relevant and appropriate disciplines;
    --10 years experience including 5 working overseas a senior capacity (COP or
    Deputy preferred);
    --Previous experience as USAID COP or Deputy COP;
    --Previous professional field experience in Albania (preferred) or in the
    Balkans
    --Ability to supervise design, manage, and implement technical assistance for
    complex USAID funded projects.
    --Familiar with USAID requirements for procurement of services, goods, project
    financial/expenditure tracking, and documentation related to grant and sub-grant
    management.
    --Capacity to supervise project staff and consultants in dynamic and frequently
    hectic environments.
    --Proven ability to establish high-level working relationships with project
    client/institutional counterparts.
    --Ability to guide participatory reform and transition processes, particularly
    with public sector institutions.
    --Albanian language skills helpful; fluent English required.

Technical Requirements:
    --Previous field experience implementing activities in one or more of the
    following areas: Rule of Law, Anticorruption/good governance, Court
    Administration, Legislative and institutional strengthening,
    Decentralization/local government, Civil society strengthening, conflict
    prevention in Balkan countries.

To apply: Please email (preferred) full, current, chronological curriculum vitae
    (CV) in reverse chronological format (form available at:
    http://www.ardinc.com/documents/cvsh...sultantuse.doc) to
    mcorrao@ardinc.com or fax CV to M. Corrao, 802-658-4247. Please refer to ALBANIA
    AD COP in the subject line. Applicants must complete the U.S. Department of
    Labor's Employment Opportunity form (available at:
    http://www.ardinc.com/htm/jobs/job_eeo.htm), using Job Code: ALB-001.
    Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be
    considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Closing date: July 30, 2004.
    EOE/w,m,d,v.

rezistenca nuk vdes Maska e ju flet Tirana
    Anëtarësuar
    03-10-2003
    Vendndodhja
    ne kafenene e preferuar
    Postime
    Larsus u think that second requirement can be waived?
    Bushspeak: War is Peace

rezistenca nuk vdes Maska e ju flet Tirana
    Anëtarësuar
    03-10-2003
    Vendndodhja
    ne kafenene e preferuar
    Postime
    Larsus u think that second requirement can be waived? . Jo per gjo po kush pret edhe 8 vjet te tjera.
    Bushspeak: War is Peace

i/e regjistruar
    Anëtarësuar
    03-10-2003
    Vendndodhja
    Big Apple
    Postime

AAUW-scholarships

http://www.aauw.org/fga/fellowships_...ernational.cfm
    2004-05 Academic Year
    Applications are closed for the 2004-05 academic year. Applications for 2005-06 will be available on this website after Aug. 1, 2004.

Master's/Professional Fellowship $18,000
    Doctorate Fellowship $20,000
    Postdoctoral Fellowship $30,000
    Applications available* Aug. 1-Dec. 15, 2003
    Application POSTMARK deadline* Dec. 15, 2003
    Fellowship year July 1, 2004-June 30, 2005

* If an application request deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, applications will be available until midnight Eastern Standard Time on the next business day. If an application postmark deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, applications may be postmarked the next business day.

International Fellowships are awarded for full-time study or research to women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Both graduate and postgraduate study at accredited institutions are supported. (For support at the undergraduate level, visit www.isep.org.)

The Foundation will award 57 fellowships for the 2004-05 academic year. Six of these awards are available to members of International Federation of University Women affiliate organizations. These fellowship recipients may study in any country other than their own.

The Foundation also awards several annual Home Country Project Grants ($5,000 to $7,000 each) to women who received AAUW Educational Foundation International Fellowships between 2000 and 2004. These grants support community-based projects designed to improve the lives of women and girls in the fellow's home country.

Click here to print a flier to post in your community.
    Application Process
    Find out if you are eligible or request an application.

View the fellowship selection criteria.

To read about previous International Fellows funded by the Foundation, view a PDF of the current directory of fellowship, grants, and award recipients.

i/e regjistruar
    Anëtarësuar
    22-03-2004
    Postime

National Albanian American Council gathering in NY

National Albanian American Council

2021 L Street, N.W., Suite 402, Washington, DC 20036

481 8th Avenue, Suite 922, New York, NY 10001

Brigada e Krajishtes, No. 8, 38000 Prishtina, Kosova

Telephone: (202) 466-6900 Fax: (202) 466-5593

Web: <www.naac.org> Email: naac@naac.org

__________________________________________________ ______________________

For Release: March 15, 2004 Contact: Valbona Sherifi (202) 466-6900

PRESS RELEASE

NAAC and ASC to Host Career Workshop

Washington D.C, March 15, 2004: The National Albanian American Council (NAAC) issued the following statement regarding the workshop that will be hosted by NAAC and ASC.

The National Albanian American Council (NAAC) in conjunction with the Albanian Student Council (ASC) At Baruch College announced that the Career Workshop 2004 will be held at Baruch College in New York City on March 26, 2004, according to a joint official statement issued on March 11.

This year’s workshop, which will be held at Baruch’s Multipurpose Room 1-107 VC located in the college’s Vertical Campus on One Baruch Way/55 Lexington. 5 P.M. – 7 P.M., will provide attendees with critical information on employment opportunities and techniques that could prove crucial in the face of the challenging job market.

Participants will have a rare opportunity to network and engage in an informal forum where they can engage in direct discussions with prominent professionals in a wide range of fields as well as recent graduates who have successfully reached their employment goals. Snacks and refreshments will be served.

The seminar program includes

1) Presentations and Q&A sessions on the how to-s and where to-s of job search; refining your interviewing skills and resumes, other job-search related techniques.

2) A presentation by an immigration lawyer about the legal employment alternatives for foreign students.

3) Discussions in special interest tables about topics of choice such as graduate schools, particular segments of the job market (e.g. finance, law, non-profit) and others.

4) A reception in which students can get to network and share ideas with professionals, businesspeople and entrepreneurs.

This will be the second year in a row that NAAC and ASC join forces in hosting Career Workshop. Last year’s event drew over two hundred students and professionals from a wide range of fields such as finance, accounting, economics, engineering, journalism, etc. The upcoming seminar promises to be another great opportunity for Albanian-American students to engage directly with professionals from the fields of their interest and establish new contacts.

Attendance is by RSVP only and those interested in participating or finding out more about the career workshop should contact immediately Albanian Student Council at Baruch at the following e-mail address: asc_baruch@yahoo.com.

The National Albanian American Council (NAAC) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to advocating for Albanians and promoting peace and economic development in the Balkans by fostering democratic policy, promoting respect for human rights, and conducting educational and developmental programs.

The Albanian Student Council (ASC) is a small organization at Baruch College City University Of New York, founded by Albanian and Albanian American Baruch students in 2001. The purpose of the organization is to bring students together despite of their differences so they can assist and help each other regarding personal, academic and other issues that might concern them. It is also a great way to network in a multicultural environment where you can very easily feel isolated.

###

You are receiving this message because you have requested information about our organization directly from us or through an internet listserv. If you no longer wish to receive such information and would like to be removed, please notify us at naac@naac.org or the listserv that has distributed this information to you.

Këshilli Kombëtar Shqiptaro Amerikan

Web: www.naac.org Email: naac@naac.org

Për Shtyp: 15 Mars 2004 Kontakt: Valbona Sherifi (202) 466-6900

Për Informacionin Tuaj

KKSHA-ja Organizon Seminar Karriere 2004

Washington, DC: 15 mars 2004: Këshilli Kombëtar Shqiptaro Amerikan (KKSHA) lëshoi këtë deklaratë në lidhje me Seminarin e Karrierës që do të organizohet falas më 26 mars në Kolegjin Baruk në Manhattan

Këshilli Kombëtar Shqiptaro-Amerikan (KKSHA) në bashkëpunim me Këshillin Studentor Shqiptar (KSSH) të Kolegjit Baruk (Baruch College) bënë të ditur kohët e fundit se Seminari i Karrierës 2004 do të mbahet të premten, më 26 mars 2004 në Kolegjin Baruk, sipas një njoftimi zyrtar të lëshuar më 15 mars.

Seminari i sivjetshëm, që fillon në orën 5:00 të mbrëmjes, në ndërtesën "Vertical Campus" të Kolegjit Baruk në adresën One Baruch Way/55 Lexington në Manhattan (ndërmjet 25 St dhe Lexington), do t’u ofrojë të pranishmëve informata të rëndësishme mbi mundësitë e ndryshme që ekzistojnë për punësim dhe shkollim pasuniversitar gjatë kësaj kohe ekonomike të vështirë.

Pjesëmarrësit do të kenë mundësi të krijojnë lidhje të reja dhe të kenë bisedime të drejtpërdrejta me profesionistë të shquar nga fusha të ndryshme dhe studentë të sapodiplomuar që kanë arritur të përmbushin me sukses qëllimet e tyre të punësimit.

Programi i seminarit përfshin:

1) Prezantime dhe seanca me pyetje dhe përgjigje në lidhje me si dhe ku të kërkosh për punë; mënyra e paraqitjes nëpër intervista dhe teknika të tjera që kanë të bëjnë me kërkimin e punës

2) Prezantim nga një avokat emigracioni në lidhje me alternativat e punësimit për studentët e huaj

3) Diskutime në tryeza të interesit të veçantë në lidhje me çështje të ndryshme, si p.sh. shkollimi pasuniversitar, segmente të caktuara të tregut të punës (financë, avokaturë, organzata jo-përfituese, gazetari biznesi), etj.

4) Një pritje me ushqime të lehta dhe pije freskuese ku studentët mund të krijojnë lidhje dhe të bisedojnë me profesionistë të fushave të ndryshme.

Pjesëmarrja në Seminarin e Karrierës 2004 do të kufizohet vetëm për ata që bëjnë regjistrimin paraprak. Nëse doni të merrni pjesë në këtë aktivitet, luteni të kontaktoni menjëherë Këshillin Studentor Shqiptar në këtë adresë e-maili: asc_baruch@yahoo.com.

Këshilli Kombëtar Shqiptaro Amerikan (KKSHA) është një organizatë jo përfituese dhe jo qeveritare e dedikuar ndaj advokimit të çështjeve shqiptare, promovimit të paqes dhe zhvillimit ekonomik në Ballkan për të forcuar politikat demokratike, për të inkurajuar respektin për të drejtat e njeriut, dhe duke mbajtur programe zhvillimi dhe edukative. Për më shumë informacion mbi KKSHA-në ju lutem vizitoni faqen tonë të internetit www.naac.org.

###

i/e regjistruar
    Anëtarësuar
    22-03-2004
    Postime

Workshop at Baruch College in NYC sponsored by the National Albanian American Council

National Albanian American Council

Web: <www.naac.org> Email: naac@naac.org

__________________________________________________ ______________________

For Release: March 15, 2004 Contact: Valbona Sherifi (202) 466-6900

PRESS RELEASE

NAAC and ASC to Host Career Workshop

Washington D.C, March 15, 2004: The National Albanian American Council (NAAC) issued the following statement regarding the workshop that will be hosted by NAAC and ASC.

The National Albanian American Council (NAAC) in conjunction with the Albanian Student Council (ASC) At Baruch College announced that the Career Workshop 2004 will be held at Baruch College in New York City on March 26, 2004, according to a joint official statement issued on March 11.

This year’s workshop, which will be held at Baruch’s Multipurpose Room 1-107 VC located in the college’s Vertical Campus on One Baruch Way/55 Lexington. 5 P.M. – 7 P.M., will provide attendees with critical information on employment opportunities and techniques that could prove crucial in the face of the challenging job market.

Participants will have a rare opportunity to network and engage in an informal forum where they can engage in direct discussions with prominent professionals in a wide range of fields as well as recent graduates who have successfully reached their employment goals. Snacks and refreshments will be served.

The seminar program includes

1) Presentations and Q&A sessions on the how to-s and where to-s of job search; refining your interviewing skills and resumes, other job-search related techniques.

2) A presentation by an immigration lawyer about the legal employment alternatives for foreign students.

3) Discussions in special interest tables about topics of choice such as graduate schools, particular segments of the job market (e.g. finance, law, non-profit) and others.

4) A reception in which students can get to network and share ideas with professionals, businesspeople and entrepreneurs.

This will be the second year in a row that NAAC and ASC join forces in hosting Career Workshop. Last year’s event drew over two hundred students and professionals from a wide range of fields such as finance, accounting, economics, engineering, journalism, etc. The upcoming seminar promises to be another great opportunity for Albanian-American students to engage directly with professionals from the fields of their interest and establish new contacts.

Attendance is by RSVP only and those interested in participating or finding out more about the career workshop should contact immediately Albanian Student Council at Baruch at the following e-mail address: asc_baruch@yahoo.com.

The National Albanian American Council (NAAC) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to advocating for Albanians and promoting peace and economic development in the Balkans by fostering democratic policy, promoting respect for human rights, and conducting educational and developmental programs.

The Albanian Student Council (ASC) is a small organization at Baruch College City University Of New York, founded by Albanian and Albanian American Baruch students in 2001. The purpose of the organization is to bring students together despite of their differences so they can assist and help each other regarding personal, academic and other issues that might concern them. It is also a great way to network in a multicultural environment where you can very easily feel isolated.

###

You are receiving this message because you have requested information about our organization directly from us or through an internet listserv. If you no longer wish to receive such information and would like to be removed, please notify us at naac@naac.org or the listserv that has distributed this information to you.

Këshilli Kombëtar Shqiptaro Amerikan

Web: www.naac.org Email: naac@naac.org

Për Shtyp: 15 Mars 2004 Kontakt: Valbona Sherifi (202) 466-6900

Për Informacionin Tuaj

KKSHA-ja Organizon Seminar Karriere 2004

Washington, DC: 15 mars 2004: Këshilli Kombëtar Shqiptaro Amerikan (KKSHA) lëshoi këtë deklaratë në lidhje me Seminarin e Karrierës që do të organizohet falas më 26 mars në Kolegjin Baruk në Manhattan

Këshilli Kombëtar Shqiptaro-Amerikan (KKSHA) në bashkëpunim me Këshillin Studentor Shqiptar (KSSH) të Kolegjit Baruk (Baruch College) bënë të ditur kohët e fundit se Seminari i Karrierës 2004 do të mbahet të premten, më 26 mars 2004 në Kolegjin Baruk, sipas një njoftimi zyrtar të lëshuar më 15 mars.

Seminari i sivjetshëm, që fillon në orën 5:00 të mbrëmjes, në ndërtesën "Vertical Campus" të Kolegjit Baruk në adresën One Baruch Way/55 Lexington në Manhattan (ndërmjet 25 St dhe Lexington), do t’u ofrojë të pranishmëve informata të rëndësishme mbi mundësitë e ndryshme që ekzistojnë për punësim dhe shkollim pasuniversitar gjatë kësaj kohe ekonomike të vështirë.

Pjesëmarrësit do të kenë mundësi të krijojnë lidhje të reja dhe të kenë bisedime të drejtpërdrejta me profesionistë të shquar nga fusha të ndryshme dhe studentë të sapodiplomuar që kanë arritur të përmbushin me sukses qëllimet e tyre të punësimit.

Programi i seminarit përfshin:

1) Prezantime dhe seanca me pyetje dhe përgjigje në lidhje me si dhe ku të kërkosh për punë; mënyra e paraqitjes nëpër intervista dhe teknika të tjera që kanë të bëjnë me kërkimin e punës

2) Prezantim nga një avokat emigracioni në lidhje me alternativat e punësimit për studentët e huaj

3) Diskutime në tryeza të interesit të veçantë në lidhje me çështje të ndryshme, si p.sh. shkollimi pasuniversitar, segmente të caktuara të tregut të punës (financë, avokaturë, organzata jo-përfituese, gazetari biznesi), etj.

4) Një pritje me ushqime të lehta dhe pije freskuese ku studentët mund të krijojnë lidhje dhe të bisedojnë me profesionistë të fushave të ndryshme.

Pjesëmarrja në Seminarin e Karrierës 2004 do të kufizohet vetëm për ata që bëjnë regjistrimin paraprak. Nëse doni të merrni pjesë në këtë aktivitet, luteni të kontaktoni menjëherë Këshillin Studentor Shqiptar në këtë adresë e-maili: asc_baruch@yahoo.com.

Këshilli Kombëtar Shqiptaro Amerikan (KKSHA) është një organizatë jo përfituese dhe jo qeveritare e dedikuar ndaj advokimit të çështjeve shqiptare, promovimit të paqes dhe zhvillimit ekonomik në Ballkan për të forcuar politikat demokratike, për të inkurajuar respektin për të drejtat e njeriut, dhe duke mbajtur programe zhvillimi dhe edukative. Për më shumë informacion mbi KKSHA-në ju lutem vizitoni faqen tonë të internetit www.naac.org.

i/e regjistruar
    Anëtarësuar
    03-10-2003
    Vendndodhja
    Big Apple
    Postime

Bureau of Education (U.S. Deaprtment) Grant per Shqiperine

Per drejtuesit e NGO-ve dhe palet e interesuara:

Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs

REQUESTS FOR GRANT PROPOSALS
    Home > Requests for Grant Proposals > Open Requests for Grant Proposals > RFGP

Instructions for obtaining a complete RFGP solicitation package
    PSI

Central and Eastern European Professional Exchanges and Training Program for Albania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Serbia and Montenegro, and Slovenia

SUMMARY: The Europe/Eurasia division of the Office of Citizen Exchanges of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs announces an open competition for Central and Eastern European Professional Exchanges and Training Programs for Albania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Romania, Serbia and Montenegro, and Slovenia. The office anticipates awarding approximately three grants under this overall competition. Public and private non-profit organizations meeting the provisions described in Internal Revenue Code section 26 USC 501(c)(3) may submit proposals that support international projects in the United States and overseas involving current or potential leaders.

Interested applicants should read the complete Federal Register announcement before addressing inquiries to the Office of Citizen Exchanges or submitting proposals.

ANNOUNCEMENT TITLE AND NUMBER: All correspondence with the Bureau concerning this RFGP should reference the above title and number ECA/PE/C/EUR-04-46.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
    The Office of Citizen Exchanges, ECA/PE/C/EUR, Room 224, U.S. Department of State, SA-44, 301 4th Street, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20547, Attention: Central and Eastern Europe Professional Exchanges and Training Program, telephone number: 202-619-5327, fax number 202-619-4350 or scotthc@state.gov to request a Solicitation Package. The Solicitation Package contains detailed award criteria, required application forms, specific budget instructions, and standard guidelines for proposal preparation.

For specific inquiries, please contact Bureau program officers by phone or e-mail: Brent Beemer (202) 401-6887 (beemerbt@state.gov) and Henry Scott (202) 619-5327 (scotthc@state.gov).

Please read the complete Federal Register announcement before sending inquiries or submitting proposals. Once the RFGP has passed, Bureau staff may not discuss this competition with applicants until the proposal review process has been completed.

TO DOWNLOAD A SOLICITATION PACKAGE VIA INTERNET:
    The entire Solicitation Package may be downloaded from the Bureau's website at http://exchanges.state.gov/education/RFGPs. Please read all information before downloading.

GENERAL PROGRAM GUIDELINES:
    Applicants should identify the local organizations and individuals in the counterpart country with whom they are proposing to collaborate and describe in detail previous cooperative programming and/or contacts. Specific information about the counterpart organizations' activities and accomplishments should be included in the section on Institutional Capacity. Proposals should contain letters of support tailored to the project being proposed from foreign-country partner organizations.

Exchanges and training programs supported by institutional grants from the Bureau should operate at two levels: they should enhance institutional partnerships, and they should offer practical information and experience to individuals and groups to assist them with their professional responsibilities. Strong proposals usually have the following characteristics:
    --a proven track record of working in the proposed issue area and country;
    --experienced staff with language facility and a commitment by the staff to monitor projects locally to ensure implementation;
    --a clear, convincing plan showing how permanent results will be accomplished as a result of the activity funded by the grant; and
    --a plan that outlines activities that will take place after the Bureau grant concludes.

Proposal narratives should clearly demonstrate an organization's commitment to consult closely with the Public Affairs Section, and when required, other officers at the U.S. Embassy. Proposal narratives must confirm that all materials developed for the project will acknowledge Bureau funding for the program as well as a commitment to invite representatives of the Embassy and/or Consulate to participate in various program sessions/site visits. Please note that this will be a formal requirement in all final grant awards.

SUGGESTED PROGRAM DESIGNS:
    Bureau-supported exchanges may include internships; study tours; short?term, non?technical experiential learning, extended and intensive workshops and seminars taking place in the United States or overseas. Examples of program activities include:

1. A U.S.-based program that includes: orientation to program purposes and to U.S. society; study tour/site visits; professional internships/placements; interaction and dialogue; hands-on training; professional development; and action plan development. Proposals that include U.S.-based training will receive the highest priority.

2. Capacity-building/training-of-trainer (TOT) workshops to help participants to identify priorities, create work plans, strengthen professional and volunteer skills, share their experience with committed people within each country, and become active in a practical and valuable way.

3. Site visits by U.S. facilitators/experts to monitor projects in the region and to provide additional training and consultations as needed.

Activities ineligible for support: The Office does not support proposals limited to conferences or seminars (i.e., one to fourteen?day programs with plenary sessions, main speakers, panels, and a passive audience). It will support conferences only when they are a small part of a larger project in duration that is receiving Bureau funding from this competition. The Office will only support workshops, seminars and training sessions that are an integral part of a larger project. No funding is available exclusively to send U.S. citizens to conferences or conference?type seminars overseas; nor is funding available for bringing foreign nationals to conferences or to routine professional association meetings in the United States. The Office also does not support academic research or fund faculty or student fellowships.

SELECTION OF PARTICIPANTS:
    Where applicable, all grant proposals should clearly describe the type of persons who will participate in the program as well as the participant selection process. For programs that include U.S. internships, applicants should submit letters of support from host institutions. In the selection of foreign participants, the Bureau and U.S. Embassies will review all participant nominations and may accept or refuse participants recommended by grantee institutions. When American participants are selected, grantee institutions must provide their names and brief biographical data to the Office of Citizen Exchanges. Priority in two-way exchange proposals will be given to foreign participants who have not previously traveled to the United States. (See section below on requirements for maintenance and provision to the Bureau of data on participants and program activities.)

EVALUATION:
    In general, evaluation should occur throughout the project. The evaluation should incorporate an assessment of the program from a variety of perspectives. Specifically, project assessment efforts will focus on: (a) determining if objectives are being met or have been met, (b) identifying any unmet needs, and (c) assessing if the project has effectively identified resources, advocates, and financial support for the sustainability of future projects. Informal evaluation through discussions and other sources of feedback will be carried out throughout the duration of the project. Formal evaluation must be conducted at the end of each component, should measure the impact of the activities and should obtain participants' feedback on the program content and administration. A detailed evaluation will be conducted at the conclusion of the project and a report will be submitted to the Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. When possible, the evaluation should be conducted by an independent evaluator.

PROGRAM DATA REQUIREMENTS: Organizations awarded grants will be required to maintain specific data on program participants and activities in an electronically accessible database format that can be shared with the Bureau as required. As a minimum, the data must include the following:

1) Name, address, contact information and biographic sketch of all persons who travel internationally on funds provided by the grant or who benefit from the grant funding but do not travel.

2) Itineraries of international and domestic travel, providing dates of travel and cities in which any exchange experiences take place. Final schedules for in-country and U.S. activities must be received by the ECA/PE/C/EUR Program Officer at least three work days prior to the official opening of the activity.

ADHERENCE TO ALL REGULATIONS GOVERNING THE J VISA
    The Office of Citizen Exchanges of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs is the official program sponsor of the exchange program covered by this RFGP, and an employee of the Bureau will be the "Responsible Officer" for the program under the terms of 22 CFR 62, which covers the administration of the Exchange Visitor Program (J visa program). Under the terms of 22 CFR 62, organizations receiving grants under this RFGP will be third parties "cooperating with or assisting the sponsor in the conduct of the sponsor's program." The actions of grantee program organizations shall be "imputed to the sponsor in evaluating the sponsor's compliance with" 22 CFR 62. Therefore, the Bureau expects that any organization receiving a grant under this competition will render all assistance necessary to enable the Bureau to fully comply with 22 CFR 62 et seq. The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs places great emphasis on the secure and proper administration of Exchange Visitor (J visa) Programs and adherence by grantee program organizations and program participants to all regulations governing the J visa program status. Therefore, proposals should explicitly state in writing that the applicant is prepared to assist the Bureau in meeting all requirements governing the administration of Exchange Visitor Programs as set forth in 22 CFR 62. If the applicant has experience as a designated Exchange Visitor Program Sponsor, the applicant should discuss their record of compliance with 22 CFR 62 et. seq., including the oversight of their Responsible Officers and Alternate Responsible Officers, screening and selection of program participants, provision of pre-arrival information and orientation to participants, monitoring of participants, proper maintenance and security of forms, record-keeping, reporting and other requirements.

The Office of Citizen Exchanges of ECA will be responsible for issuing DS-2019 forms to participants in this program.

A copy of the complete regulations governing the administration of Exchange Visitor (J) programs is available at http://exchanges.state.gov or from:

United States Department of State
    Office of Exchange Coordination and Designation
    ECA/EC/ECD - SA-44, Room 734
    301 4th Street, S.W.
    Washington, D.C. 20547
    Telephone: (202) 401-9810
    FAX: (202) 401-9809

PROGRAM INFORMATION:
    Overview:
    The Bureau welcomes proposals that respond directly to the themes and countries listed below. Given budgetary considerations, projects in countries and for themes other than those listed will not be eligible for consideration and will be ruled technically ineligible. No guarantee is made or implied that grants will be awarded in all categories.

For this competition, both single country and multi-country projects are eligible for support. In order to prevent duplication of effort, proposals should reflect an understanding of the work of international agencies so that projects complement - not duplicate - other assistance programs.

Two-way exchanges will be given the highest priority. Applicants should carefully review the following recommendations for proposals in Central and Eastern European countries.

To be eligible for a grant award under this competition, the proposed professional training and exchange projects must address one of the following specific themes.

Themes:
    · Professional Librarian Training for Kosovo (Kosovo only)
    · Media Training (Regional Program for Albania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia and Montenegro, and Slovenia)

PROFESSIONAL LIBRARIAN TRAINING FOR KOSOVO
    The Bureau is accepting proposals for a project that will produce a cadre of professionals from Kosovo who will effectively manage a university library. The Bureau envisions a two-part project that will train a minimum of nine individuals who will work at the University of Pristina Central Library. Applicants should propose a project that provides both U.S.-based and Kosovo-based activities.

The U.S.-based component should last approximately five months, beginning with classroom-style training sessions, followed by a hands-on professional internship at a U.S. university or college library. By participating in the training and internships, participants should acquire the skills and experience that are needed to run a state-of-the-art university library. Participants should learn how to work with e-reference services, the Online Public-Access Catalog, WWW search engines, e-books, e-journals, and the digital library, as well as know how to use Web development tools.

The Kosovo-based component should consist of a follow-up, on-site training and assessment visit by U.S. trainers. While in Pristina, the trainers should propose to meet with representatives of the Public Affairs Section (PAS) at the U.S. Office Pristina before and after completing the training.

The project should prepare participants to work in a virtual library environment, train fellow colleagues in the use of electronic resources, and identify and promote e-resources useful for students and faculty of the university.

The University of Pristina and the Ministry of Education, who are working in tandem to set up the University of Pristina Central Library, should serve as in-country partner organizations and will assist in the recruitment and selection of participants, as well as provide logistical support for in-country activities. Individuals targeted for the training program should be residents of Kosovo and recent graduates of institutions of higher learning, preferably with degrees in areas other than library science. While participants must be proficient in English, knowledge of other languages may prove beneficial since participants will potentially be using e-resources that are in languages other than English. Representatives of PAS will provide final approval of all individuals who are nominated for participation. Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the U.S. Office Pristina for specific guidance before submitting proposals.

Project funding: The total funding available for this project is approximately $325,000. The Bureau anticipates awarding one grant for this project. For more information on this topic, please contact Henry Scott at (202) 619-5327 scotthc@state.gov.

MEDIA TRAINING
    Multi-country projects that include Albania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia and Montenegro, and Slovenia

The Bureau is seeking proposals that will provide training for journalists, editors and media managers from Albania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia and Montenegro, and Slovenia. The program should include an orientation session lasting approximately four days; an internship assignment of approximately five weeks in a small to medium-sized media organization; and a two-to three-day debriefing. Projects should include both English-speaking and non-English-speaking participants; proposals should clearly describe what provisions would be made for non-English speakers. ECA will consider proposals to shorten the internships assignment in order to accommodate interpreting services for non-English speakers. ECA strongly encourages the use of locally hired interpreters. Those applicants that opt to find their own interpreters should submit a budget reflecting those costs and should demonstrate in their proposal narrative the ability to competently address interpreting requirements.

Proposals should outline hands-on, practical internships for the participants. A list of media establishments willing to host the participants as well as tentative letters of commitment should be included in the proposal. A sample program schedule or outline of a similar program that the organization has conducted in the past should also be submitted. Follow-up activities such as in-region workshops or consultations are also strongly encouraged.

Participant Selection: Please note that the winning applicant must consult closely with the Public Affairs Offices at the respective U.S. embassies during program implementation. Embassies will nominate all participants for the program.

The Bureau anticipates funding no more than two grants for this theme, averaging approximately $240,000 each. Approximately 37 participants will be funded through this RFGP. Each proposal should accommodate approximately 17-20 participants and should be regional in focus. ECA will consider proposals that include several distinct exchanges during the life of the grant, but all exchange groups should include participants from at least three countries.

Tentative participant numbers and needs are:
    Albania: Two participants. One English-speaker and one non-English speaker.
    Bulgaria: Six participants. Three English speakers and three non-English speakers.
    Croatia: Four participants. English-speakers only.
    Macedonia: Ten participants. Five English and five non-English speakers.
    Serbia and Montenegro: Thirteen participants total. For Serbia - four English speakers and four non-English speakers. For Montenegro- five non-English speakers.
    Slovenia: Two participants. English-speakers only.

Once projects are funded, ECA will work with the grantees to solicit more detailed information on the needs and interests of individual participants. For more information on this topic, please contact Brent Beemer at (202) 401-6887 or beemerbt@state.gov.

OVERALL BUDGET GUIDELINES:
    Bureau grant guidelines require that organizations with less than four years experience in conducting international exchanges be limited to $60,000 in Bureau funding. Since it is anticipated that all grants awarded under this competition will far exceed $60,000 in Bureau funding, organizations that cannot demonstrate at least four years experience in conducting international exchanges are ineligible to apply under this competition.

BUDGET GUIDELINES AND COST SHARING REQUIREMENTS:
    Applicants must submit a comprehensive budget for the entire program and must provide a summary budget as well as breakdowns reflecting both administrative and program budgets in the proposal. Applicants may provide separate sub-budgets for each program component, phase, location, or activity to provide clarification. Please refer to the Proposal Submission Instructions (PSI) for complete budget guidelines and formatting instructions.

Since Bureau grant assistance constitutes only a portion of total project funding, proposals should list and provide evidence of other anticipated sources of financial and in-kind support. While there is no minimum requirement, applicants are strongly encouraged to provide cost sharing to the fullest extent possible. State Department Review Panels will consider cost sharing seriously when evaluating all proposals.

The following are deemed allowable program costs:
    1. Travel. International and domestic airfare (per the "Fly America Act"), ground transportation, and visas for U.S. participants. (J-1 visas for Bureau-supported participants from Eurasia to travel to the U.S. are issued at no charge.)

2. Per Diem. For U.S.-based programming, organizations should use the published Federal per diem rates for individual U.S. cities. For activities in Eurasia, the Bureau strongly encourages applicants to budget realistic costs that reflect the local economy. Domestic per diem rates may be accessed at: http://policyworks.gov/org/main/mt/h...m/perd03d.html. Foreign per diem rates can be accessed at: http://www.state.gov/m/a/als/prdm/.

3. Interpreters. For U.S.-based activities, ECA strongly encourages applicants to hire their own locally-based interpreters. However, applicants may ask the Bureau to assign U.S. Department of State interpreters, which will decrease the amount of the award. Typically, one interpreter is provided for every four visitors that require interpreting. When an applicant proposes to use State Department interpreters, the following expenses should be included in the budget: published Federal per diem rates (both "lodging" and "M&IE"); "home-program-home" transportation in the amount of $400 per interpreter; reimbursement for taxi fares; and cell phone usage at $10 per week. If the applicant uses State Department interpreters, salary expenses will be covered by the Bureau and should not be part of an applicant's proposed budget. Bureau funds can not support interpreters who accompany delegations from their home country or travel internationally.

4. Book and cultural allowance. Foreign participants are entitled to a one-time cultural allowance of $150 per person, plus a book allowance of $50. Interpreters should be reimbursed up to $150 for expenses when they escort participants to cultural events. U.S. program staff, trainers or participants are not eligible to receive these benefits.

5. Consultants. Consultants may be used to provide specialized expertise or to make presentations. Daily honoraria cannot exceed $250 per day. Subcontracting organizations may also be used, in which case the written agreement between the prospective grantee and subcontractor should be included in the proposal. Such subcontracts should detail the division of responsibilities and proposed costs. Subcontracts should be itemized in the budget.

6. Room rental. Room rental may not exceed $250 per day.

7. Materials development. Proposals may contain costs to purchase, develop and translate materials for participants. The Bureau strongly discourages the use of automatic translation software for the preparation of training materials or any information distributed to the group of participants or network of organizations. Costs for high-quality translation of materials should be anticipated and included in the budget. Grantee organizations should expect to submit a copy of all program materials to the Bureau.

8. Equipment. Proposals may include limited costs to purchase equipment for Eurasia-based programming such as computers, fax machines and copy machines. Costs for furniture are not allowed. Equipment costs must be kept to a minimum.

9. Working meal. Only one working meal may be provided during the program. Per capita costs may not exceed $5-8 for a lunch and $14-20 for a dinner, excluding room rental. The number of invited guests may not exceed participants by more than a factor of two-to-one. Interpreters must be included as participants.

10. Return travel allowance. A return travel allowance of $70 for each foreign participant may be included in the budget. The allowance may be used for incidental expenses incurred during international travel.

11. Health Insurance. Foreign participants will be covered under the terms of a Bureau-sponsored health insurance policy. The premium is paid by the Bureau directly to the insurance company. Applicants are permitted to include costs for travel insurance for U.S. participants in the budget.

12. Wire transfer fees. When necessary, applicants may include costs to transfer funds to partner organizations overseas. Grantees are urged to research applicable taxes that may be imposed by host governments on these transfers.

13. In-country travel costs for visa processing purposes. Given the new requirements associated with obtaining J-1 visas for Bureau-supported participants, applicants should include costs for participant and/or in-country partner travel and shipping to U.S. embassies or consulates for visa processing purposes, such as interviews and delivery/pick up of DS-2019 forms.

14. Administrative Costs. Costs necessary for the effective administration of the program may include salaries for grantee organization employees, benefits, and other direct and indirect costs per detailed instructions in the Application Package. While there is no rigid ratio of administrative to program costs, priority will be given to proposals whose administrative costs are less than twenty-five (25) per cent of the total requested from the Bureau. Proposals should show strong administrative cost?sharing contributions from the applicant, the in-country partner and other sources.

NEW OMB REQUIREMENT
    AN OMB policy directive published in the Federal Register on Friday, June 27, 2003, requires that all organizations applying for Federal grants or cooperative agreements must provide a Dun and Bradstreet (D&B) Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number when applying for all Federal grants or cooperative agreements on or after October 1, 2003. The complete OMB policy directive can be referenced at http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/fedreg...identifier.pdf. Please also visit the ECA website at http://exchanges.state.gov/education/rfgps/menu.htm for additional information on how to comply with this new directive.

SHIPMENT AND DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS:
    IMPORTANT NOTE: The deadline for this competition is May 7, 2004. In light of recent events and heightened security measures, proposal submissions must be sent via a nationally recognized overnight delivery service (i.e., DHL, Federal Express, UPS, Airborne Express, or U.S. Postal Service Express Overnight Mail, etc.) and be shipped no later than the above deadline. The delivery services used by applicants must have in-place, centralized shipping identification and tracking systems that may be accessed via the Internet and delivery people who are identifiable by commonly recognized uniforms and delivery vehicles. Proposals shipped on or before the above deadline but received at ECA more than seven days after the deadline will be ineligible for further consideration under this competition. Proposals shipped after the established deadlines are ineligible for consideration under this competition. It is each applicant's responsibility to ensure that each package is marked with a legible tracking number and to monitor/confirm delivery to ECA via the Internet. Delivery of proposal packages may not be made via local courier service or in person for this competition. Faxed documents will not be accepted at any time. Only proposals submitted as stated above will be considered.

Applicants must follow all instructions in the Solicitation Package. The original and 14 copies (total of 15 copies, secured with binder clips) of the application should be sent to:

U.S. Department of State
    SA-44
    Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
    Ref.: ECA/PE/C/EUR-04-46
    Program Management, ECA/EX/PM, Room 534
    301 4th Street, S.W.
    Washington, D.C. 20547

Applicants must also submit the "Executive Summary" and "Proposal Narrative" sections of the proposal in text (.txt) format on a PC-formatted disk. The Bureau will provide these files electronically to the Public Affairs Sections at the U.S. embassies for their review.

DIVERSITY, FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY GUIDELINES
    Pursuant to the Bureau's authorizing legislation, programs must maintain a non-political character and should be balanced and representative of the diversity of American political, social, and cultural life. "Diversity" should be interpreted in the broadest sense and encompass differences including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, gender, religion, geographic location, socio-economic status, and physical challenges. Applicants are strongly encouraged to adhere to the advancement of this principle both in program administration and in program content. Please refer to the review criteria under the 'Support for Diversity' section for specific suggestions on incorporating diversity into the total proposal. Public Law 104-319 provides that "in carrying out programs of educational and cultural exchange in countries whose people do not fully enjoy freedom and democracy," the Bureau "shall take appropriate steps to provide opportunities for participation in such programs to human rights and democracy leaders of such countries." Public Law 106 - 113 requires that the governments of the countries described above do not have inappropriate influence in the selection process. Proposals should reflect advancement of these goals in their program contents, to the full extent deemed feasible.

REVIEW PROCESS
    Proposals will be deemed ineligible if they do not fully adhere to the guidelines stated herein and in the Solicitation Package. All eligible proposals will be reviewed by the program office, as well as the Public Affairs Sections overseas, where appropriate. Eligible proposals will be subject to compliance with Federal and Bureau regulations and guidelines and forwarded to Bureau grant panels for advisory review. Proposals may also be reviewed by the Office of the Legal Adviser or by other Department elements. Final funding decisions are at the discretion of the Department of State's Assistant Secretary for Educational and Cultural Affairs. Final technical authority for grants resides with the Bureau's Grants Officer.

REVIEW CRITERIA
    Technically eligible applications will be competitively reviewed according to the criteria stated below. These criteria are not rank ordered and all carry equal weight in the proposal evaluation:

1. Program Planning and Ability to Achieve Program Objectives: Program objectives should be stated clearly and should reflect the applicant's expertise in the subject area and region. Objectives should respond to the priority topics in this announcement and should relate to the current conditions in the target countries. A detailed agenda and relevant work plan should explain how objectives will be achieved and should include a timetable for completion of major tasks. The substance of workshops, internships, seminars and/or consulting should be described in detail. Sample training schedules should be outlined. Responsibilities of in-country partners should be clearly described.

2. Institutional Capacity: The proposal should include 1) the U.S. institution's mission and date of establishment; 2) detailed information about the in-country partner institution's capacity and the history of the U.S. and in-country partnership; 3) an outline of prior awards--U.S. government and private support received for the target theme/region; and 4) descriptions of experienced staff members who will implement the program. Proposed personnel and institutional resources should be adequate and appropriate to achieve the program's goals. The proposal should reflect the institution's expertise in the subject area and knowledge of the conditions in the target country. Proposals should demonstrate an institutional record of successful exchange programs, including responsible fiscal management and full compliance with all reporting requirements for past Bureau grants as determined by Bureau Grant Staff. The Bureau will consider the past performance of prior recipients and the demonstrated potential of new applicants.

3. Cost Effectiveness and Cost Sharing: Overhead and administrative costs in the proposal budget, including salaries, honoraria and subcontracts for services, should be kept to a minimum. Priority will be given to proposals whose administrative costs are less than twenty?five (25) per cent of the total funds requested from the Bureau. Applicants are strongly encouraged to cost share a portion of overhead and administrative expenses. Cost?sharing, including contributions from the applicant, the in-country partner, and other sources should be included in the budget request. Proposal budgets that do not provide cost-sharing will be deemed not competitive in this category.

4. Support of Diversity: Proposals should demonstrate substantive support of the Bureau's policy on diversity. Achievable and relevant features should be cited in both program administration (selection of participants, program venues and program evaluation) and program content (orientation and wrap-up sessions, program meetings, resource materials and follow-up activities). Applicants should refer to the Bureau's Diversity, Freedom and Democracy Guidelines in the Proposal Submission Instructions (PSI).

5. Evaluation: Proposals should include a detailed plan to monitor and evaluate the program. A draft survey questionnaire plus a description of a methodology that will link outcomes to original project objectives should be provided. Successful applicants will be expected to submit intermediate reports after each project component concludes or on a quarterly basis.

6. Post-Grant Activities: Applicants should provide a plan to conduct activities after the Bureau-funded project has concluded in order to ensure that Bureau-supported programs are not isolated events. Funds for all post-grant activities must be in the form of contributions from the applicant or sources outside of the Bureau. Costs for these activities should not appear in the proposal budget, but should be outlined in the narrative.

AUTHORITY:
    Overall grant making authority for this program is contained in the Mutual Educational and Cultural Exchange Act of 1961, Public Law 87-256, as amended, also known as the Fulbright-Hays Act. The purpose of the Act is "to enable the Government of the United States to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries...; to strengthen the ties which unite us with other nations by demonstrating the educational and cultural interests, developments, and achievements of the people of the United States and other nations...and thus to assist in the development of friendly, sympathetic and peaceful relations between the United States and the other countries of the world." It is anticipated that funding for this competition will be made available from FY-2003 Support for Eastern European Democracies (SEED) Act of 1989 Act resources carried over into FY-2004 for obligation, pending the availability of funds.

NOTICE
    The terms and conditions published in this RFGP are binding and may not be modified by any Bureau representative. Explanatory information provided by the Bureau that contradicts published language will not be binding. Issuance of the RFGP does not constitute an award commitment on the part of the Government. The Bureau reserves the right to reduce, revise, or increase proposal budgets in accordance with the needs of the program and the availability of funds. Awards made will be subject to periodic reporting and evaluation requirements.

NOTIFICATION
    Final awards cannot be made until funds have been appropriated by Congress, allocated and committed through internal Bureau procedures.

i/e regjistruar
    Anëtarësuar
    03-10-2003
    Vendndodhja
    Big Apple
    Postime

Thumbs up Democracy and Governance in Albania GRANT

General Information

Document Type: Grants Notice
    Funding Opportunity Number: RFA-182-04-13
    Posted Date: Mar 25, 2004
    Original Due Date for Applications: May 10, 2004
    Current Due Date for Applications: May 10, 2004
    Archive Date: Jun 09, 2004
    Funding Instrument Type: Cooperative Agreement
    Category of Funding Activity: Community Development
    Expected Number of Awards: 1
    Estimated Total Program Funding: Not Available.
    Award Ceiling: $7,200,000.00
    Award Floor: none
    CFDA Number: 02-182 -- No Description Available
    Cost Sharing or Matching Requirement: Yes

Eligible Applicants
    Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
    Federal Agency Name
    Agency for International Development, Overseas Missions, Budapest USAID-Regional Services Center
    Description
    The United States Government, represented by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Regional Contracting Office in Budapest, Hungary, intends to issue a Request for Applications (RFA) for USAID/Albania to solicit applications from qualified organizations interested in implementing the Democracy and Governance activity in Albania. USAID/Albania is undertaking an overhaul of its democracy portfolio, with the goals of streamlining its implementation while increasing its emphasis on fighting corruption. Corruption is a major impediment to democracy and governance in Albania; helping Albanians combat corruption has thus become an important U.S. policy objective. For its part, USAID/Albania has decided to place greater emphasis on anticorruption in its current strategy. Consequently, the Mission seeks expert technical assistance to promote more effective, transparent, accountable democratic governance in Albania. The RFA document describes objectives and results USAID seeks to achieve through this Request for Application, followed by an estimate of the effort required and other considerations. The current portfolio consists of several implementers, all working under separate instruments that not only require considerable management effort but also make it difficult to achieve an integrated approach to democracy objectives. This grant is one of three which will both reduce the number of management units in the portfolio and improve the focus on anti-corruption. The selected implementer(s) will work closely together to ensure that all parts of the portfolio reinforce each other at every opportunity.

Agency Contact Person for Electronic Access Problem
    Illes, Szilvia, Grantor, Phone 9-011-36-1-475-4626, Fax 9-011-36-1-475-4991, Email silles@usaid.gov Illes, Szilvia
    Link to Full Announcement
    RFA-182-04-13

Bursa per Shqipare

Course Development Competition (CDC) 2004-2005 academic year

Call for Proposals: The Course Development Competition is a 10-month grant offered to faculty from East-Central Europe, the former Soviet Union and Mongolia who wish to develop and introduce new university courses at their institutions. Proposed courses should be innovative in content, methodology and teaching approach. The competition is open to individuals and groups, and the grant includes monthly stipends, allowances for book purchases, preparing teaching materials, photocopying, etc.,as well as additional travel costs.

Deadline: 31, January 2004.

For more detailed descriptions of the program and the application procedure please see
    http://www.ceu.hu

OSI Studentships for Doctoral Study in 2004-7

The Department of Educational Studies expects to offer two studentships, funded by the Open Society Institute, Budapest, for doctoral work in Oxford commencing in October 2004.
    Those selected for the studentships will undertake research in areas related to the work in education of the Open Society Institute. Applicants are expected to be graduates with good language skills. Excellent command of English is required, together with ability to read and communicate in Russian. Knowledge of other languages of the region (Central Eastern Europe and the countries of the former Soviet Union) will be an advantage.

Further information on the Department of Educational Studies: http://www.edstud.ox.ac.uk.

For more information applicants are invited to contact Professor David Phillips: david.phillips@edstud.ox.ac.uk

Materiali i bashkangjitur marre nga nje mailing list shqiptare pershkruan mundesi bursash per shqiptaret ne Shtetet e Bashkuara te Amerikes (USA) dhe gjera te tjera ndihmese:

1. Kriteret qe duhet te plotesojne ata qe jane te ligjshem ne USA dhe
    duan te perfitojne ndihme financiare per te ndjekur studimet universitare dhe

2. Nje list te shkurter te disa fondacioneve dhe agjencive Amerikane te
    cilat ofrojne mbeshtetje financiare per studentet e huaj. Sidoqofte,
    kjo list nuk eshte plote.

Mendova qe mund te jetë me interes per shqiptaret aktualisht me banim
    ne USA statusi i te cileve eshte: me green card, azilant, refugjat, dhe
    rezident i kushtezuar.

Materiali pershkrues nuk eshte perkthyer ne shqip me supozimin qe ata
    te cilet jane te interesuar per bursa dhe ndihme financiare per shkollim
    ne USA, e plotesojne kushtin paraprak, ate te gjuhes angleze.
    Perndryshe, kush ka ndonje pyetje me specifike sa i perket ndihmes financiare
    per shkollim ne Universitetet Amerikane eshte i mirepritur t'me shkruaj
    privatisht.

L. Daku
    Virginia Tech

Financial Aid and scholarships are an important part of every student's college dream. The federal government with the Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA) identifies international students that are eligible based upon published criteria.
    According to the FAFSA, you are an eligible citizen if you have any of the following criteria:
    1. A United States permanent resident and you have a Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-551)
    2. A conditional permanent resident (I-551C0)
    3. An other eligible noncitizen with an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) form the U. S. Immigration and Naturalization Service showing any of the following designations: "Refugee," "Asylum Granted," "Indefinite Parole," "Humanitarian Parole," or "Cuban- Haitian Entrant."
    You are not eligible for federal student aid if you are in the United States on only a F1 or F2 student visa, or only a J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa, or a G series visa.
    In light of this, here are some potential other sources of aid for students that wish to travel from international countries to the United States. While this list is not exhaustive, it includes the better-known programs for international students and funding opportunities to help start an extraordinary adventure. Please contact the following administrations directly.

Press Fellowships. The fund is administered by Alfred Friendly Press Fellowships with awards that is based upon merit. The annual number of awards is 10. The purpose of the fellowships is to allow foreign nationals to work for U.S. newspapers or news magazines, thereby enhancing their professional future. Field of study must be journalism. Contact is John M. Sirek, Director, Alfred Friendly Press Fellowships, 2000 L Street NW #200, Washington, DC 20036, phone:202-416-1691, fax is 202-416-1695, email: afpf@aol.com
    AUW/IFUW International Fellowships: Administered by American Association of University Women and International Federal of University Women. The annual number of awards is 6. The fields of study is unrestricted. To be eligible one has to be a graduate women only. The contact is Fellowships and Grants, AAUW educational Foundation, PO Box 4030, Iowa City, IA 52243-4030.
    International Scholarship Program: Administered by American College of Physicians, with 4 annual awards that are awarded to students that are studying medicine that impact the practice of internal medicine in countries other than the United States. Contact is Ana Santoya, International Coordinator, American College of Physicians, Independence Mall West, Sixth Street at Pace, Philadelphia, PA 19106-1572, phone: 215-351-2520, fax: 215-351-2529, email: 75364.2740@compuserve
    International/ Minority Student Scholarship: Administered by American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation. The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage study in communication sciences and disorders at a U.S. institution accredited by ASHA. The fields of study that the scholarship recipients should be pursuing are Communication Disorders, Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology. Eligibility is unrestricted and diverse students are encouraged to apply. Contact: American Speech-Language Foundation, 10801 Rockville pike, Rockville, MD 20852, phone: 301-897-5700, fax 301-571-0457.
    Lindbergh Grant: Administered by Charles A. and Anne Morrow Lindbergh Foundation, with 10 annual Awards with field of study being: Agricultural Plant Pathology, Aviation and Airway Safety, Biomedical Engineering, Communications, Natural Resources, Humanities, Visual and Performing Arts, Water Quality and Wastewater Treatment. The average award is $10580. Contact: Marlene White, Grants Administrator, Lindbergh Foundation, 708 South Third Street, Suite 110, Minneapolis, MN 55415, phone: 612-338-1703, fax: 612-338-6826.
    Graduate Degree Fellowships: Administered by Education Foundation of the National Restaurant Association, with fields of study in Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Management, Service Management, Operations. Contact: Educational Foundation, National Restaurant Association, 250 South Wacker Drive, Suite 1400, Chicago, IL 60606-5834.
    Scholarships for Courses of the Foundation for European Language and Educational Centres, Administered by Eurocentres. Field of study requirements: American Literature, American Studies, Ethnic and Cultural Studies, French Language and Literature, European Studies, German Language and Literature, Italian Language and Literature, Japanese Language and Literature, Russian Language and Literature. Contact: Student's Assistance Department, Eurocentres, Seestrasse 247, Zurich, CH-8038, Switzerland.
    Ford Foundation: Administered by Ford Foundation, with 242 awards for students that are studying Urban poverty, rural poverty and resources, rights and social justice, governance and public policy, international affairs. Contact: The Secretary, Ford Foundation, 320 West 43rd Street, New York, NY 10017, phone: 212-573-5000, fax: 212-599-4584.

RON BROWN FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM

The Ron Brown Fellowship for 2004-2005 is subject to the availability of funds.

Grantees will be placed in programs that will allow them to earn a graduate degree (Master's) in the United States. Most institutions require two years of study for a master's degree with the exception in law (LL.M. Degree), which is one year.

The Ron Brown Fellowship Program offers scholarships in the fields of:

Business Administration (MBA)
    Economics
    Educational Administration
    Environmental Management
    Journalism/Communications
    Law (LL.M)
    Public Administration
    Public Policy

REQUIREMENTS:

To be eligible for a fellowship, applicants must have the equivalent of an undergraduate degree (at the time of application from a recognized institution in the former Yugoslavia and demonstrated proficiency in English at the time of application. A score of at least 550 on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or 213 on computer-based tests is required.Applicants must be under the age of 40 and citizens of Albania. Candidates for the faculty of business and finance are expected to take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) as soon as possible. Candidates studying in all other fields (with the exception of Law) are required to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).

More detailed information and the application form can be found at the website of the American Embassy in Tirana.
    http://www.usemb-tirana.rpo.at/

Master's in European Studies in Germany

Hochschule Bremen, Germany

Scholarship / Financial aid: a number of scholarships available for exceptional international students
    Date: one academic year
    Deadline: April 15th, each year
    Open to: exceptional international students with a very good command of English, preferably from Eastern Europe or Asia

Announcement follows:

The Master of European Studies programme at the Hochschule Bremen is a 12 month, full-time programme in practice-oriented postgraduate education. Its vision is to prepare students for European leadership roles in the private and public sector. The programme provides a comprehensive yet profound and up-to-date study of economic,legal and political dynamics in Europe. Studies in European private and public management, in European economics, law and politics, an intensive seminar in Brussels plus a period of practical training offer an ideal combination of theoretical knowledge, management education, practical skills and European expertise. The programme begins in early October each year.

Senior Research Officer for Politics, Economics, and Society

The Senior Research Officer (SRO) for Politics, Economics, and Society (PES) will direct the development and implementation of the South East European Research Centre.s (SEERC.s) PES research
    agenda, developing networks of researchers (within the University of Sheffield and CITY
    Liberal Studies, across the SEE region, and between researchers and institutions in the region and Europe and the US), and leading efforts to develop SEERC s work in policy research, policy analysis,and in influencing policy formation in SEE. The SRO for PES will work alongside the SRO for Business, IT, and Computer Science, both SROs will report to the Director. The SRO for PES will also assist in the identification of research funding and the writing of proposals, assist in the oversight of
    the SEERC Doctoral Programme, and the organization of SEERC conferences and other
    dissemination activities in the areas of PES. The ideal candidate will have solid background knowledge of the SEE region in its political, economic, and social dimensions, a strong research and/or policy background, a PhD degree in Economics, Social Science or a related field, at least five years experience conducting research, and good management skills. Fluency in English is essential, additional regional languages a plus. Salary commensurate with experience. SEERC is an international, not-for-profit research center/policy think tank jointly established by the University of Sheffield and CITY Liberal Studies; it is located in Thessaloniki, Greece. SEERC.s mission is to
    support the stable and peaceful development of South-East Europe by conducting pure and applied
    research and policy analysis in and for the region. Individuals interested in applying should send their CV’s to Christin Miariti, SEERC Executive Secretary at cmiariti@seerc.info or mail them to SEERC:

17 Metropoleos St., Thessaloniki 54624, Greece. Questions can be directed to SEERC.s Director, Dr.

David A. Stone at: +30-2310-253-477. (Balkan Academic News, 01.02.2004)

Alexander von Humboldt Foundation- Fellowships and Research Awards, Germany
    Application deadline: various

The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation grants research fellowships and research awards to highly qualified scholars and scientists of all nationalities not resident in Germany, enabling them to undertake periods of research in Germany, as well as research fellowships to highly qualified German scholars, enabling them to spend periods of research at the institutes of former Humboldt guest-researchers abroad.

More information

A Training Course in International Affairs Management
    UNITAR is now accepting applications for the 2004 Session of the Fellowship Programme "Building Partnerships for Human Security and Development". The programme is conducted in English. Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
    The Fellowship Programme will take place at the Palais des Nations, the headquarter of the United Nations Office at Geneva, from 14 June to 2 July 2004.
    Please note that the deadline for applications is 3 March 2004.

Introduction
    Human security and development have emerged to become foremost concerns of the 21st Century. Countless tragedies reveal how vulnerable societies are to human suffering and devastation. They also indicate how inexorably linked state security is to individual security, and how threats and challenges of insecurity, whatever their form and wherever their origin, can almost effortlessly erode the well being of individuals elsewhere. Responses to human security threats and developmental challenges require commitment and concerted action from a wide range of societal groups. Whether the issue is ensuring public safety, providing health care, preventing conflict, or rebuilding collapsed states, it is widely recognized that partnerships are instrumental, not only among actors affected by threats, but also with actors providing assistance to cope with such threats. Human security and development are thus highly inclusive concepts that require actors at multiple levels of society to work together. But as challenges become more complex and new actors attempt to play a contributing role, it is also necessary to ensure that individuals are empowered to take action on their own behalf and become full participants in decision-making processes.

Objectives
    Building Partnerships for Human Security and Development is an intensive, three-week professional training course designed to address a range of human security and development related phenomena, their inter-relationships and the dynamics of building innovative and viable partnerships.

Specifically, the course aims to:
    Enhance knowledge and understanding of human security and development, including the complex linkages that surface among their many dimensions; Increase awareness of broad-based partnerships and develop as well as refine key skills and know-how to improve their design and management; Identify good practices and lessons from partnership initiatives;
    and Provide an enabling environment for participants to network and lay the foundations for designing new, or strengthening existing, partnerships.
    The course will cover a range of human security and development topics, including threats to peace and security, and a number of economic, social, environmental, human rights and humanitarian issues. A key aspect of the course is its functional character, which places emphasis on partnerships and encourages participants to explore this theme through a number of specific human security and development challenges.
    The course will privilege practice-oriented training to enable participants to acquire a broad-based understanding of the topic through concept-learning (lectures), role-playing (interactive exercises), experience-sharing (participant presentations) and real world exposure (briefings).
    Candidates should be in the 30-45 years age range.
    The course will take place from 14 June to 2 July 2004 at the Palais des Nations, the headquarters of the United Nations Office at Geneva.
    A limited number of fellowships are available for participants from developing countries and countries with economies in transition. Fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis and cover course fees, training material, accommodation and a local living stipend. UNITAR also issues tuition waivers for candidates from developing and transition economy countries. For all participants, travel expenses to and from Geneva must be covered individually or by the sponsoring organization. Applications will be reviewed and candidates selected on the basis of their merits and the potential benefit they may gain from their participation in the course. Equitable geographical distribution and gender balance will be ensured. The course will be conducted in English.
    Participants will receive a certificate based on their regular attendance, active participation and submission of a short paper prior to the beginning of the course. Participants will be required to revise the paper during the course and make a presentation at the end of the programme.

Applications
    Application forms are available from UNITAR headquarters in Geneva and its New York and Hiroshima Offices, as well as from UNDP Country Offices worldwide. Forms may also be downloaded from UNITAR's website.
    Candidates will be informed of final decisions by late-March 2004.
    More information at website:http://www.unitar.org/diplomacy/fell...ationforms.htm

MA of Lancaster University and the Polish Academy of Sciences

The Centre for Social Studies offers postgraduate studies in sociology leading to the British Master of Arts (MA) diploma awarded by Lancaster University highly regarded in both Europe and the USA and the postgraduate diploma of the Institute of Philosophy and Sociology of the Polish Academy of Sciences (IFiS PAN).
    The Centre also offers its programme in a form allowing students to combine study with continued employment. In both cases programme is offered in a choice of three tracks:

1. MA in Society and Politics
    2. MA in Economy and Society
    3. MA in Culture and Society

In addition, our collaboration with the Institute of Philosophy and Sociology of the Polish Academy of Sciences and its Graduate School for Social Research allows the Centre’s students to continue their studies to obtain the doctoral degree of IFiS PAN.
    The language of teaching is English. The programme benefits from cooperation with IFiS PAN, the leading institution for social science in Poland, and with leading international specialists from outside the Centre for Social Studies. At the same time the Sociology Department of Lancaster University is rated by the Research Assessment exercise (the British Government’s system of evaluation of academic institutions) as belonging to the small group of departments with the highest rating.
    Our students are recruited from some 20 countries all over the world (mainly from Central & Eastern Europe). Our alumni continue their academic careers both at American Universities such as UC Berkeley, Columbia, Harvard, Stanford, the New School for Social Research and at British Universities such as Cambridge, Oxford, Lancaster, the London School of Economics as well as in their home countries. They also work for research agencies, the media, public administration and governmental bodies. Our programme, then, offers elite postgraduate education leading to a British MA degree. The fees for a complete full-time12 month intensive programme is PLN 10000 (approx. EUR 2300) or 900 PLN (approx EUR 210) monthly.
    The cost of a 18 months’ study for the same programme in less intensive form allowing study to be combined with continuing work is PLN 12000 (approx. EUR 2750) payable in 18 monthly instalments of PLN 730 (approx EUR 170). These costs in both cases are significantly lower than would be incurred if the MA programme were followed in the UK itself.
    The Centre invites applicants who have a university first degree comparable to a BA or MA degree or who will receive a degree before the 1st of October 2004 when the programme starts.
    Application deadline: 10th October 2004 (or 31st March 2004 for financial aid).
    Please visit the Centre’s website for more information: www.css.edu.pl or call us: (+48 22) 828 80 09, (+48 22) 657 28 19. Applicants may fill out an on-line application form and send it by e-mail to css@css.edu.pl or
    by
    post to:
    The Centre for Social Studies
    Palac Staszica
    ul. Nowy Swiat 72, pok. 276
    00-330 Warszawa
    Poland

Organization: Swiss Centre for International Agriculture (ZIL),
    Switzerland

Title: Research Fellow Partnership Program (RFPP) for PhD and Post-Doctoral Studies in the Fields of Agriculture, Forestry, and Natural Resources

Eligibility: The candidate is earning a PhD or is post-doctoral
    researcher; is
    Swiss or well established Swiss resident, or a developing/ transition
    country
    national; is not older than 35 years for Swiss citizens, or 40 years in
    the
    case of nationals from developing or transition countries; has some
    experience
    in the selected research area; has a true interest in development and
    shows an
    openness to the socio-economic and cultural context of the research;
    RFPP
    strives for gender balance, therefore female candidates are especially
    invited
    to submit a project proposal.

Deadline: Projects can be submitted twice a year- March 31, 2004 and September 30, 2004

Marc Zoss
    Coordinator of the RFPP
    Swiss Centre for International Agriculture (ZIL)
    ETH-Zentrum
    SEC
    Scheuchzerstrasse 7
    CH-8092 Zürich
    Switzerland
    Phone: 1-632-53-39; Fax: 1-632-15-89
    Email: marc.zoss@agri.ethz.ch <mailtoarc.zoss@agri.ethz.ch>; Web:
    <http://www.zil.ethz.ch/RFPP/index.htm>
    !!!

Legal Analyst Fellowships
    The CEELI Fellows Program is currently accepting applications for 3 Legal Analyst positions, which are based in CEELI's Office of Rule of Law Research in Washington, DC
    Legal Analysts provide research and analytical
    support to 2 of CEELI's 6 Focal Areas, which
    consist of: 1) Judicial Reform, 2)Legal Profession Reform, 3) Legal Education Reform, 4) Gender Issues, 5) Anti-Corruption, and 6) Conflict Mitigation. Legal Analysts are hired as salaried ABA employees with benefits, including paid vacation and administrative leave, holidays, and medical, dental, and vision care insurance. The Legal Analyst positions run from September 1st, 2004 to August 31st, 2005. Foreign applicants are welcome, but are responsible for
    obtaining authorization to work in the United
    States. Fellow candidates must hold a law degree
    from either a US or foreign law school, and must
    be familiar with both rule of law reform and CEELI's host countries through professional, academic, or personal experiences. The deadline for applications is Friday, April 2nd, 2004.
    Please see the full position listing at
    www.abanet.org/ceeli/program/larp_fellows for more information and for
    instructions on how to apply.

ANNOUNCEMENT

UNIVERSITY OF SARAJEVO
    Center for Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Studies

in collaboration with the University La Sapienza in Rome and the
    University of Belgrade preliminary announces that the second generation of
    the international and interdisciplinary Master Programme in "STATE MANAGEMENT AND HUMANITARIAN AFFAIRS" will be launched.

The Master programme, with English language of instruction, aims at
    providing the university graduates, including members of public and
    private bodies, with the preparation necessary to professionally deal – in
    regional, national and international institutions – with policies and
    good governance, strategic management of public, private and non-profit
    organizations, prevention and management of crisis, human security and
    human rights.

Master's teaching staff and subjects:

The Master's teaching staff is composed of university professors,
    experts from the diplomatic world, public and private institutions,
    international organizations, and peace-keeping forces. Most of lecturing will
    be performed by professors from University of Sarajevo, University La
    Sapienza, and University of Belgrade.

Educational clusters are: Methodology of Research, Geopolitics,
    International organisations and international relations, Institution buildings
    and human rights, Economics, Health economics and sustainable
    environment, Humanitarian affairs and crisis management.

Application:

Applicants are required to hold a high standard university degree, to
    be fluent in English, have good computer skills. The upper age limit of
    potential applicants is 35 years of age. There are no conditions
    regarding nationality and gender.

For the process of selection, candidates should present for evaluation:

- their academic record and copy of the obtained certificate of degree

- Curriculum Vitae in English

- a letter of motivation in English

- certificate of proficiency in English

The Master programme is open to 30 students. Upon the completion of
    selection process, 10 best candidates will be chosen. Those students will
    have the possibility to attend a part of the same academic programme at
    the University La Sapienza, in duration of three months.

Planned start of the Programme: April 2004

Diploma: The final certificate and Master’s degree in State Management
    and Humanitarian Affairs is recognised by all universities
    participating in the Programme.

Registration fees: The student's contribution to the cost of the
    Master, inclusive of the University fee, is KM 6.000,00 (or EURO 3.070,00).
    The fees may be paid in four installments. Instructions for obtaining
    very attractive credit loan are available in our Center.

If you are interested in this Master Programme, or want some additional
    information, please do not hesitate to contact us by March, the 1st

Center for Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Studies of the University of
    Sarajevo

Contact person: Nejra Cengic

Law Faculty building, Obala Kulina bana 7/I

Tel/Fax: +387 33 668-683, 668 - 685, 668 - 687

E-mail: nejra@cps.edu.ba

Global Supplementary Grant Program

]http://www.soros.org/initiatives/scholarship/news/global_application

The Scholarship Programs are pleased to offer supplementary grants to
    students from selected countries of Central and Eastern Europe and the
    former Soviet Union. The purpose of the program is to enable qualified
    students to pursue doctoral studies in the humanities and social sciences at
    accredited universities in Western Europe, the Middle/Near East, Asia,
    Australia, and North America.

Grants will be awarded on the basis of academic record, merit of the
    proposed study, applicant's long-term goals, and financial need. The grants
    will provide supplemental funding for one year of study with the option to
    apply for a second year. Reapplication procedures will be outlined in the
    2005/2006 application form. Renewal grants will be competed with the general
    pool of applicants and are not guaranteed. Only students who have been
    accepted into a full-time doctoral (Ph.D.) program at an accredited
    university are eligible to apply.

Grants are provided to help cover costs in one of the following categories:

a.. Tuition and fees * not to exceed 50 percent of tuition and fees per
    academic year;
    b.. Living expenses * students who have succeeded in funding their
    tuition, either through scholarships or tuition wavers, are eligible for
    housing and living funds;
    c.. Other * students who have secured all necessary funds but cannot
    afford additional expenses, such as travel to/from their host country,
    books, materials, health insurance, etc., are eligible for additional funds.
    Grants will not be provided to cover expenses in all three categories. Only
    those students with confirmed financial support will receive grants.

In addition, in no case may an applicant request grant assistance for the
    support of an accompanying child or spouse.

Eligibility

1. Candidates must be nationals of one of the following countries: Albania,
    Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia,
    Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Moldova, Mongolia, Romania,
    Russia, Serbia and Montenegro, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and
    Uzbekistan.

2. Members of the Roma community are encouraged to apply;

3. Candidates must be under 40 years of age at the time of application;

4. Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in the spoken and written
    language of their host institution;

5. ONLY those students who have already been awarded partial or full
    tuition, room and board stipends, or other types of financial aid may apply.

Applicants must provide the fullest possible account of their actual
    financial situation including copies of financial aid requests to the host
    university and any other documents confirming additional financial support.
    False statements will result in immediate disqualification.

Application and Deadlines
    Click here for access to application forms in PDF format..

The envelope containing an application for the 2004/2005 academic year must
    be postmarked on or before:

For students pursuing Ph.D. in North America, Asia, and Australia: April 2,

For students pursuing Ph.D. in Western Europe and Middle/Near East: June 4,

Applications should be mailed to the address below or to local Soros
    foundation offices:

Global Supplementary Grant Program
    Open Society Institute
    400 West 59th Street, 4th floor
    New York, NY 10019
    USA

Contact information for additional questions about the program:
    Email: scholar@sorosny.org
    Tel: 1-212-548-0175
    Fax: 1-212-548-4652

Please include any information you feel may be helpful in the evaluation of
    your application. Grantees will be required to maintain full-time student
    status throughout the period of the fellowship and to abide by the terms and
    conditions outlined in a contact letter signed by the grantee.

Ineligibility
    1. These awards support doctoral studies in social sciences and humanities
    only. Requests for support in the following fields will not be considered:

a.. business administration/management training;
    b.. computer science;
    c.. finance/banking/marketing;
    d.. engineering;
    e.. hard and natural sciences (physics, biology, chemistry, etc.)
    f.. mathematics;
    g.. medical sciences;
    h.. fine or performing arts.
    2. Applications for study in the student's home country or within Central
    and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union, or for non-doctoral study,
    language preparatory, and summer school courses, will not be considered.

3. Students with permanent resident status and asylum seekers in the host
    country are not eligible to apply. Only those with valid student visas in
    the host country are eligible to apply.

4. Late applications will be automatically disqualified.

A Word on Selection
    Students are selected in an open competition announced once a year. A team
    of experts (the GSGP Board) makes all grant decisions based on quality of
    the application, written essays, academic records, and future goals.
    Preference will be given to students pursuing advanced studies in regionally
    relevant areas that will directly benefit the quality of academic and civil
    society development in their home country. Decisions of the Selection
    Committee are final.

Applicants should send one copy of the following documents including an
    official or university translation if language is other than English.

1. Curriculum Vitae (CV should include complete work history,
    extra-curricular activities, academic awards and publications).
    2. A copy of the official letter of admission from the academic institution
    (if not available, explain why);
    3. Copies of all undergraduate and post-secondary school records (new
    applicants only);
    4. The official letter informing the applicant of the details of the
    scholarship or financial aid award (if separate from item 2 above) and/or
    any other documents confirming additional support.
    5. A copy of the identification pages of your passport.
    6. Copy of your visa (students in the United States should also enclose copy
    of their I-20 or DS-2019).
    7. Two academic reference letters from professors who have direct knowledge
    of the applicant's work and abilities.

NOTE: Omission of one or more of the documents mentioned above renders an
    application incomplete and may result in disqualification. In the event that
    a document becomes available only after the submission of an application,
    applicants are asked to indicate this in their applications and send the
    missing document as soon as possible.

Master ne Zvicer per studime Evropiane:

Die Universität St.Gallen bietet ein berufsbegleitendes, bikontinentales
    Masterstudium im Europäischen und Internationalen Wirtschaftsrecht an. Der
    Lehrgang mit acht einwöchigen Studienblöcken, verteilt über 18 Monate, beginnt
    am 28. Juni 2004 (der Zusatzblock 1 am 13. Mai 2004). Zurzeit haben wir noch
    Studienplätze frei und möchten auch TeilnehmerInnen aus de
    n
    EU-Beitrittstaaten
    ansprechen.

Das Studium richtet sich an AkademikerInnen mit Berufserfahrung. Die
    KandidatInnen haben bereits auf dem Gebiet des internationalen Wirtschaftsrechts
    gearbeitet oder haben entsprechende Pläne. Sie verfügen über eine mehrjährige
    Praxiserfahrung und bringen diese in den Lehrgang ein. Zusätzlich sind
    ausreichend Deutsch- und Englischkenntnisse erforderlich. Ca. 50% der
    Vorlesungen werden auf Deutsch gehalten, wobei alle schriftlichen Arbeiten
    (Klausuren,
    Hausarbeiten, Diplomarbeit) wahlweise in beiden Sprachen eingereicht
    werden können.

Der Executive M.B.L.-HSG nimmt sich besonders der Förderung von Studierenden aus
    den EU-Beitrittstaaten an. Zu diesem Zweck wurde der Stipendienfonds OST
    eingerichtet. Ein Stipendium umfasst grundsätzlich EUR 22.000.-, was der
    Studiengebühr enspricht. Studierende mit Stipendium müssen somit selber für
    Reisekosten und Logis aufkommen. In besonderen Fällen kann der Fonds auch
    Beiträge zur Deckung der Zusatzkosten zahlen. Informationen zum Studium und
    die
    Bewerbungsunterlagen sind online abrufbar unter www.mbl.unisg.ch -> Studium.

Bewerberinnen und Bewerber haben folgende Unterlagen beim Studienleiter
    (andreas.ziltener@unisg.ch) einzureichen:

- Bewerbungsformular
    -
    Lebenslauf
    - Zeugnisse (Kopie)
    - Motivationsschreiben (begründeter Antrag für ein Stipendium)
    - evt. Empfehlungsschreiben
    Kontakt:

Universtität St.Gallen
    Executive M.B.L.-HSG
    Andreas Ziltener
    Dufourstrasse 59
    CH-9000 St.Gallen

Tel. +41 71 224 26 16
    Fax. +41 71 224 26 11
    Web. www.mbl.unisg.ch
    E-Mail. andreas.ziltener@unisg.ch

Postgraduate Research Programme: Capital Markets and Finance in the Enlarged Europe

During the past two decades the Central and Eastern Europe was a place of
    deep political change. A change from a centrally planned economy to a free
    market economy resulted in almost the complete rearrangement of local
    capital markets. The main goal of the Postgraduate Research Programme is
    the analysis of these new financial markets, especially with respect to the
    EU enlargement expected in the near future.

The Postgraduate Research Programme started its teaching and research
    activities on October 1st, 1999. It is financed by Stiftungsfonds Deutsche
    Bank im Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft.

Every year there are 5 doctoral scholarships and 1 post-doctoral scholarship available. The selection procedure for the academic year
    2003/2004 has already been completed. Applications for the next academic
    year 2004/2005 should be submitted by May 1st, 2004.

Application information and forms are available at:
    http://www.wiwi.euv-frankfurt-o.de/g.../aplforms.html

PHD Position in Parallel Computing

Candidates who are knowledgeable in software engineering and interested
    in
    one or more of the following areas are encouraged to apply:

- Programming paradigms and methods for distributed/parallel systems
    - Performance modeling and analysis for distributed/parallel systems

Please contact
    Prof. Thomas Fahringer
    Mail: Thomas.Fahringer(at)uibk.ac.at
    Phone: +43 (0)512 / 507 6441
    !!!

i/e regjistruar
    Anëtarësuar
    03-10-2003
    Vendndodhja
    Big Apple
    Postime

A doni me punue ne kosove me rroge t;mire a?

Resident Director- Kosovo
    National Democratic Institute
    http://www.ndi.org

Job Categories: Development Assistance | Full-Time/Contract | Balkans | Aid and Development

Description:
    With funding from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), NDI has worked in Kosovo since 1999 to promote a political system in which all the people of Kosovo can express themselves democratically. NDI's programs address three primary needs: legislative process strengthening, citizen participation in political processes, and political party development. NDI is seeking to hire a resident director to manage its programs in Kosovo. Primary responsibilities will include program design, implementation, evaluation, and management of the Institute's Pristina office. The director will be based in Pristina and serve as NDI's principal liaison to Kosovo's elected officials, international authorities, local nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), and political parties. The director will play a lead role in fundraising with U.S. and international donors. The director will be assisted by Pristina-based and Washington, D.C. staff in managing program and administrative components of the program.
    The successful candidate will have strong leadership and management skills, coupled with significant political or activism experience at a senior level. The successful candidate will possess familiarity with parliamentary governing systems. Flexibility and the capacity to cope with a rapidly changing and uncertain political environment is a must. The ability to effectively communicate skills and experience as a trainer or advisor is essential. Familiarity with or experience in Kosovo or the Balkans is highly desirable. Funding for NDI's current programs lasts through June 2005. A commitment of one year is expected for this position.

Primary Responsibilities

Design, management, implementation and evaluation of NDI's program in Kosovo.
    Day-to-day management and oversight of an office of 15 Kosovar and expatriate staff in Kosovo.
    Consultations with government, political, and civic leaders and activists to provide advice and assistance.
    Cultivation of ongoing relationships with key partners in the Central Assembly, government, political parties, UNMIK, the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, and civil society, as well as USAID, U.S. Office personnel and other organizations representing the international community in Kosovo.
    Drafting and submitting written reports to NDI/Washington, which monitor and measure program results and political developments in Kosovo.
    Qualification:

At least 12 years of experience working with a political party, as an appointed or elected official, or in a grassroots organization at the national or local level.
    Proven ability to effectively communicate skills and experience to others as a trainer or advisor.
    Excellent staff, office management and interpersonal skills.
    Excellent organizational and financial management skills.
    Knowledge of program evaluation techniques.
    Experience with USAID grantees or other international organization.
    Experience working or living in Southeastern Europe or a post-conflict region desirable.
    Expected start date will be between July and October 2004. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please submit CV and cover letter to NDI's web site (www.ndi.org) referencing this position. Candidates deemed qualified will be contacted.

Apply by: May 31, 2004

i/e regjistruar
    Anëtarësuar
    03-10-2003
    Vendndodhja
    Big Apple
    Postime

Luftoni korruspionon ne shqiperi me rroge

Senior Advisor on Anticorruption/Political Processes - Albania
    International Foundation for Election Systems
    http://www.ifes.org

Job Categories: Development Assistance | Full-Time/Contract | General | Central Asia | Eastern Europe | General | Human Rights | Aid and Development

Description:
    By providing expert technical assistance in all areas of election administration and election management, IFES works to encourage national and international democracy. Since 1987, IFES has supplied world governments with election observation and analysis and has developed into one of the world's leading centers of election information and resources.
    In addition to election monitoring, IFES seeks to bolster democracy by developing programs that strengthen rule of law, good governance and civil society. IFES is dedicated to the success of democracy worldwide and the prospect that each person in every corner of the world is entitled to have a free and informed say in how he or she is governed.

Career Opportunity: Anti-corruption - Civil Society

Positions Available:

In-country Resident Senior Advisor IFES is seeking candidates with a background in anti-corruption focusing on political process reform and citizens/NGO advocacy for a potential multi-year USAID-funded project in Albania. The Senior Advisor would be based in Tirana, Albania with in-country and possibly regional travel. Position is open to non-US citizens. Albania and/or regional experience preferred, but not required.

Qualification:

7+ years professional experience, preferably 3+ years overseas work
    Experience leading and/or implementing anti-corruption initiatives, particularly with civic organizations and political parties at the national and local levels
    Government management and/or policy experience in field of expertise
    Knowledge of election monitoring, parallel vote tabulation, public opinion polling, and/or youth leadership
    Sub-granting experience preferred
    Ability to represent the organization at the highest levels of government and professional organizations
    Advanced degree
    Experience working on USAID projects desirable
    Fluency in English required, working knowledge of Albanian desirable
    Please e-mail resumes with the contact information for three (3) references to SoutheasternEuropeJobs@ifes.org. If you have an electronic bio-data form, please include this in your submission as well.

Please indicate in the e-mail subject line “Civil Society Specialist - Albania”.

Contact Information: Lisa Blonder
    Phone: 202-828-8507
    Email: SouthEasternEuropeJobs@ifes.org
    Apply by: May 31, 2004

i/e regjistruar
    Anëtarësuar
    03-10-2003
    Vendndodhja
    Big Apple
    Postime

Albanian Political Science Association------

Shoqata Shqiptare e Shkencave Politike se bashku me Qendren per Politika
    Publike, Shkenca Politike dhe Ligjin kane realizuar nje projekt per te sjell
    libra per shkencat politike dhe sociale ne Tirane.

322 libra, nje pjese e mire e te cileve vepra klasike ne shkencat politike
    ose libra qe jane perfshire/rekomandohen ne literaturen e programeve te
    shkencave politike ne ShBA do te jene ne sallen e leximit te Qendres per
    Politike Publike, Shkenca Politike dhe Ligjin duke filluar nga Qershori.
    Eventualisht librat do te transferohen ne biblioteken e Fakultetit te
    Shkencave Sociale kur ajo te jete plotesisht funksionale.

Nje list te plot te librave te ndare sipas fushave do ta gjeni ne website:

http://www.seep.ceu.hu/alpsa/

kurse listen e plot ne PDF ne linkun

http://www.seep.ceu.hu/alpsa/books/allbooks.pdf

i/e regjistruar Maska e D&G Feminine
    Anëtarësuar
    08-08-2003
    Postime
    Aman se na hengren me keto vitet e eksperiences. Ja dhe nje tjeter

Market Development Expert - Albania

Land O'Lakes-International seeks candidate for a long-term assignment on a
    marketing competitiveness development project in Albania. This position will
    identify potential market opportunities for Albanian firms including targeting
    export markets, serve as the principal marketing expert, design advertising and
    promotional campaigns, and introduce firms to reputable agents and distributors.

Ideal candidates must have 6+ years experience in market development working
    with private sector small and medium enterprises across a broad spectrum,
    preferably including processors, manufacturers, and service entities, preferably
    in transitional economies targeting access to the European Union market. Ideal
    candidates will have an MBA or advanced degree in economics or international
    trade; overseas experience in Eastern Europe or FSU; familiarity with USAID
    project management requirements; excellent English communication, leadership and
    mentoring skills.

We provide competitive compensation, excellent benefits and ongoing
    opportunities for development. To apply for this position, submit your cover
    letter, CV, and salary history online at www.landolakesinc.com. Include at the
    top of your resume job code #4137. Qualified candidates will be contacted
    directly. No phone calls please.

Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Land
    O’Lakes enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including
    pre-employment substance abuse testing. No agencies please.

Land O’ Lakes
    EOE/m/f/d/v

i/e regjistruar
    Anëtarësuar
    03-10-2003
    Vendndodhja
    Big Apple
    Postime

Legal Expert - Consumer Protection

Organization:
    POHL CONSULTING & ASSOCIATES
    Country/Region: Albania
    Apply By: 26 May 2004

Contact Information:

Email: pohlconsulting-associates@t-online.de
    Fax: +49.89.366418

POHL CONSULTING & ASSOCIATES is a management consulting firm with a focus on projects on behalf of the European Commission, the EBRD, UNIDO, governments and governmental agencies in emerging and transition countries.
    We search for:

Senior LEGAL EXPERT – Consumer Protection

QUALIFICATIONS
    For this long-term position you should have the following qualifications:
    • University degree in law or equivalent;
    • Strong skills in report writing;
    • At least 10 years of recent experience with consumer protection departments in EU member states;
    • At least 5 years of experience in implementing market surveillance systems, preferably in accession and/or Balkan countries, including drafting guidelines and secondary legislation in the field of market surveillance, preferably in accession and/or Balkan countries;
    • Involvement in projects with large components on training in the field is an asset
    • Ability to supervise a team of short-term experts
    • Fluent English

TO APPLY
    Please send your comprehensive CV in English by e-mail to Ms Ramona Kettenstock to the following email address: info@pohl-consulting.org. Only EU nationals are eligible for this position.

i/e regjistruar Maska e Kosovari_78_Ca
    Anëtarësuar
    24-12-2003
    Vendndodhja
    Kanada
    Postime

: [Sterkala] Soros Fellowship Information

FYI --

We seek your assistance in reaching individuals who may be interested in applying for the upcoming round of *Soros Justice Advocacy, Senior and Media Fellowships*. The Fellowships support outstanding lawyers, advocates, organizers, scholars, journalists and documentarians who will advance the criminal justice priorities of OSIs U.S. Justice Fund.

These priorities include: reducing the nations over reliance on policies of punishment and incarceration, eliminating race and class disparities in the criminal justice system and restoring judicial discretion, and encouraging the successful resettlement of people returning from prison. The fellowship programs also emphasize the intersection of these priorities with immigrant
    communities; gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender communities; and women and children.

Please forward this information to relevant listservs and throughout your various networks to help us get the word out! If you are attending conferences, hosting events or meeting with people who may be good candidates or gatekeepers, please make our outreach materials available or direct interested people to our website at
    http://www.soros.org/initiatives/jus...ustice_fellows

The deadline for all three fellowships is _Wednesday, September 22, 2004.

Thank you in advance for your assistance, and feel free to contact me with questions or requests for promotional materials.

kate black

program officer

justice fund of the open society institute

400 w. 59th street new york, ny 10019

tel 212/548/0170 fax 212/548/4666
    Miresia civilizon inteligjencen
    PUNEN E SOTME MOS E LE PER NESER

“Po iu jap një porosi,
    Këmba e huaj keq iu rri,
    Nuk durohet gjithë vaji i fëmisë, Çonu të gjithë në shërbim Shqiperis”

i/e regjistruar
    Anëtarësuar
    03-10-2003
    Vendndodhja
    Big Apple
    Postime

per UN

Linguist Support Director, ICC III - HQ KFOR, Pristina, Kosovo
    Applications Reception Deadline: 31 March 2004

HQ KFOR has an opening for the post “Linguist Support Director” to work in the J1/J4 Office in Film City, Pristina, Kosovo.

The functions of the Linguist Support Director, assisted by senior linguists, will be to control the activities and to monitor the performance of the linguists, set linguistic standards, establish and maintain a terminological data base for use by linguists, assist in recruitment (inter alia by testing candidates), train new recruits and generally ensure that the requisite level of quality is achieved in the most cost-effective manner.

GENERAL BACKGROUND:

University-level degree in relevant languages or in another subject if education accomplished in the mandatory languages, or equivalent professional experience
    English – educated mother-tongue level (level 5)
    Albanian – very good knowledge (level 4)
    Very good knowledge of Serbian (level 4)
    Good passive knowledge of other languages (specially French)
    About ten years’ experience as professional linguist
    Ability to interpret or translate and revise at the required level of quality
    Experience of management, preferably of supervising and/or training professional linguists
    Ability to manage and organization at this level
    Broad and up-to-date knowledge of political, cultural, scientific and technical matters, especially as related to former Yugoslavia
    Sound knowledge of NATO and KFOR organization and terminology
    Ability to use office automation System and specially tools for translators
    A Valid NATO SECRET Security Clearance is required prior to start working.
    The working place is a high pace operational, multinational, military/civilian environment.

Please refer to the attached Job Description for detailed information on the position.

Complementary information can be obtained at the HQ KFOR Civilian Personnel Office through:

E-mail: cpo@main.kfor.nato.int
    Phone: +389-922-68 21 50
    Fax: +389-922-68 27 50
    Mail: HQ KFOR, BFPO 561, J1/J4–CPO, Film City, Pristina, Kosovo
    PART I - CIVILIAN JOB DESCRIPTIONS IN HQ KFOR
    CE POST NUMBER: CI J1/J4 103
    DATE: February 2004

HEADQUARTERS/UNIT: HQ KFOR
    DUTY LOCATION: Pristina, Kosovo

BRANCH/SECTION: J1/J4
    JOB TITLE: Linguist Support Director

NATIONALITY: NATO country citizen
    GRADE: ICC 3

PART II - CE DUTIES
    A. Post Context.

The functions of the Linguist Support Director, assisted by senior linguists, will be to control the activities and to monitor the performance of the linguists, set linguistic standards, establish and maintain a terminological data base for use by linguists, assist in recruitment (inter alia by testing candidates), train new recruits and generally ensure that the requisite level of quality is achieved in the most cost-effective manner.

B. Reports To.

Chief J1/J4

C. Principal Duties.

Managerial: Manages the Branch, including linguists detached to other units to ensure that services are of appropriate quality and are produced in the most cost-effective manner. Formulates KFOR linguistic policy. Provides budget inputs related to his or her field of activity. Gives professional advice on linguistic matters to KFOR. Ensures KFOR linguists receive adequate training on and off the job and that professional practices and working conditions are adhered to. Tests candidates for KFOR linguistic posts following SHAPE guidelines. Keeps records of services provided. Liaises with Chief Linguistic Service SHAPE as regards recruitment, manning, professional standards etc. Monitors performance of KFOR linguists. Keeps abreast of issues related to NATO and KFOR policy.
    Linguistic: Interprets in simultaneous and consecutive modes at a full professional standard from Albanian to English and vice versa OR translates and revises translations from Albanian to English. Interprets in liaison mode from Albanian to English and vice versa. If qualified, translates from English to Albanian and possibly from other languages to English. If qualified, performs similar duties from Serbian to English and vice versa. Gives editorial assistance in English to authors of texts. Maintains knowledge of specific and technical fields and related terminology.
    Terminology: Ensure all KFOR linguistic services are harmonized to the maximum extent, especially as regards terminology. Devises terminology to cover new concepts, initiates research in relevant fields. Supervises compilation of glossaries.
    Performs other related functions as required.
    D. Additional Duties.

The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties as may be directed.
    The incumbent is required to deploy on operational tasks, or undertake TDY assignments elsewhere, both within and without NATO's boundaries.
    PART Ill - QUALIFICATIONS
    A. ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
    1. Professional/Experience.

About ten years’ experience as professional linguist.
    Ability to interpret or translate and revise at the required level of quality. Experience of management, preferably of supervising and/or training professional linguists.
    Ability to manage an organization at this level.
    Broad and up-to-date knowledge of political, cultural, scientific and technical matters, especially as related to the former Yugoslavia.
    2. Education/Training.

University-level degree in the relevant languages or in another subject if education accomplished in the mandatory languages, or equivalent professional experience.
    English: educated mother-tongue level.
    Albanian: excellent knowledge
    3. Security Clearance.

NATO Secret Clearance

4. Language.

English – LWSR 5555
    Albanian – LWSR 4444
    5. Standard Automated Data Processing (ADP) Knowledge.

Word Processing: Advanced Knowledge.
    Spreadsheet: Working Knowledge
    Graphics presentation: Working Knowledge.
    Database:, Working Knowledge
    B. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
    1. Professional/Experience

Sound knowledge of NATO and KFOR organization and terminology.
    2. Education/Training

Advanced university degree in relevant languages or related fields.
    Ability to use office automation systems and specially tools for translators.
    3. Language

Very good knowledge of Serbia (level 4).
    Good passive knowledge of other languages – especially French.
    C. CIVILIAN POSTS
    1. Personal Attributes.

The Linguist Support Director must be a mature and experienced person, who displays sound judgment, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an unquestionable integrity. The LSD must be a highly motivated individual, capable of balancing the care and the welfare of civilian interpreters with the operational requirements of the organization. The LSD must display above average leadership skills, the ability to work under considerable stress, and the ability to make decisions on the basis of policies, directives, laws and precedents requiring interpretation and adaptation to ad hoc circumstances. The LSD must demonstrate above average managerial skills, determining a priority of competing requirements, making the best use of limited resources. The LSD must demonstrate the ability to work as part of a wider human resources management team characterized by cultural, linguistic, ethnic and professional diversity. The LSD must have a comprehensive grasp of the military culture.

2. Managerial Responsibilities.

The LSD manages the activities of the Linguist Branch, staffed by paraprofessional level local civilians and professional level international staff.

3. Professional Contacts.

The LSD establishes and maintains good working relations with supervisors and J-heads, within NATO and outside the organization, and with professional peers responsible for interpretation/translation sectors of KFOR.

4. Contribution to Objectives.

The LSD provides the highest level of customer service and support to all assigned linguists and supervisors. The LSD participates in the development of strategic plans for KFOR related to the position. Continuous internal evaluations are required to ensure the best possible working environment is achieved, within the constraints of the existing policies.

5. Work Environment.

Fast-paced, multinational, multicultural environment.

Living conditions in Pristina are described as “military camp”.

D. REMARKS
    The incumbent must be able to use his managerial skills to set up the Linguist Branch with about 30 civilians spread in different Branches as referred in Part I - A (post context).

For more information, please visit the Official website of the Kosovo Force.
    Ndryshuar për herë të fundit nga Larsus : 28-07-2004 më 16:24

i/e regjistruar Maska e DEA27
    Anëtarësuar
    18-08-2004
    Postime
    po si sperton mor burre i dheut me i shkruajt te gjitha keto po nejse mire ben i nevojiton popullit keto informacione

i/e regjistruar Maska e hope31
    Anëtarësuar
    23-11-2002
    Vendndodhja
    ketu
    Postime
    Pune per t'u admiruar keni bere ,flm.

sinqerisht
    hope31
    Fjalet e pa thena nuk lendojne kurre.
    Don't wait for extraordinary circumstances to do good,try to use ordinary situations
    :^proton

Faqja 3 prej 5 FillimFillim 12345 FunditFundit

Tema të Ngjashme

1. Çfarë mendoni për Ahmet Zogun?
    Nga honzik në forumin Elita kombëtare
    Përgjigje: 242
    Postimi i Fundit: 03-03-2014, 08:03
  2. Video e ushtarëve grekë në Internet indinjon shqiptarët
    Nga Ingenuous në forumin Tema e shtypit të ditës
    Përgjigje: 207
    Postimi i Fundit: 22-09-2011, 14:58
  3. Dosja antishqiptare e Greqisë, 1912-2007
    Nga BARAT në forumin Historia shqiptare
    Përgjigje: 645
    Postimi i Fundit: 15-10-2007, 19:27
  4. Kristo Frashëri: Dilema për Himarën
    Nga Qafir Arnaut në forumin Historia shqiptare
    Përgjigje: 5
    Postimi i Fundit: 28-02-2006, 13:56

Regullat e Postimit

• Ju nuk mund të hapni tema të reja.
  • Ju nuk mund të postoni në tema.
  • Ju nuk mund të bashkëngjitni skedarë.
  • Ju nuk mund të ndryshoni postimet tuaja.
  •