Close
Duke shfaqur rezultatin -19 deri 0 prej 2
    i/e regjistruar
    Anėtarėsuar
    07-09-2007
    Postime

ndihm nese boon qitu shpejt

a mundet dikush me ma gjet nji tekst food and drink in kosvova anglisht??

nese kishe boo pak ma shepit se um vyn deri ne ora 11:30 plss nese munet naj kush mem ndihmu ja kisha dit per ner shum

i/e regjistruar Maska e OO7
    Anėtarėsuar
    07-12-2004
    Vendndodhja
    Tirane
    Postime
    Food and Drink in Kosova

Kosova has a lot to offer to hedonists and eating out to catch local flavors is an unforgettable experience and a highlight for many visitors. When spending time in Pristina or elsewhere in Kosova, make sure you try the local dishes. The coffee, hamburgers, pizzas are not the same as you're used to at home, but they are terrific. Be prepared for the difference and enjoy it. The prices are low for western visitors, so go ahead, indulge yourself. Be aware though, if you are a vegetarian Kosova might not be the right place for you!

Kosovan cuisine is a reflection of historical influences in this area, where Oriental and Slavic tastes are dominant.

Local favorites are ćevapčići (small rolls of mixed minced meat), which are eaten with plain onions and warm bread. Pljeskavica, another extremelly popular and tasty dish, is the actual ancestor of the hamburger, minced meat sprinkled with spices and grilled like beef steak. You will come across all kinds of grilled meat, sarma (stuffed cabbage, minced beef and pork with rice enveloped in pickled cabbage or vine leaves), stuffed peppers, Kosovan beans, podvarak (roast meat in sauerkraut), musaka (minced pork or beef mixed with eggs and potatoes and then baked), gibanica (pastry leaves mixed with eggs, cheese and then baked), proja (corn bread), etc. The famous home grown spirits are šljivovica (plum brandy) and lozovača (grape brandy).

The choice of wines is not really great, and you are better off having beer or spirits. However, if you are a wine lover, go for Montenegrin wines, such as "Plantaže".

The cuisine of Kosova is influenced by its Balkan neighbours. Traditional food includes soups, stews, smoked meats, minced meat ( cevapcici and meatballs), stuffed vegetables (such as peppers) and kebabs. A dish of mixed grilled meat is a speciality. Fish is used in chowders and is grilled and fried. Bread and side salads are eaten with starters and main courses. Salads are made from a variety of fresh and pickled vegetables such as beans, cucumbers, onions, peppers tomatoes and sauerkraut.Fruit and nuts are used in desserts, for example, strudels, pancakes and pastries.

Alcoholic drinks are wine, beer and brandy; plum brandy ( šljivovica ) and grape brandy (Lozova rakija) are popular. Coffee is usually Turkish or espresso. Fruit juices are produced locally.

Beer in Kosova ( pivo ) is rarely mentioned outside of its state, regardless of its quality. Beer is mostly sold in half litre bottles; cans are less common and canned beer could be of slightly better quality. Recently, most breweries began packing beer in plastic bottles of 1.5 or even two litres. This beer is cheaper though equal in quality. However, it must be drunk fast! Most beer that is produced are lagers. Stouts are rare (almost every larger brewery produces dark beer but in such small quantities that it is hard to find it). The most popular local beer is "Jelen" and the best domestic beer is arguably the Montenegrian "Nikšićko" (Nik)

Should you be lucky enough to be invited to a dinner with a Kosovan family, do not hesitate to accept! Such an invitation is always sincere, eating home-cooking meals always opens a whole new spectrum of tastes and flavors, and šljivovica offered to the guest in a Kosovan home is always pure, strong and natural! If invited to a Kosovan home, make sure you check out our Kosovan customs and manners page.

Tema tė Ngjashme

1. Thjeshtė e shpejt - gatuani pėr veten tuaj...
    Nga kundraRRYMES nė forumin Kuzhina shqiptare dhe e huaj
    Pėrgjigje: 174
    Postimi i Fundit: 19-10-2010, 13:04
  2. Pėrplasja e galaktikave, mė shpejt sesa mendohej
    Nga iliria e para nė forumin Shkenca dhe jeta
    Pėrgjigje: 2
    Postimi i Fundit: 07-01-2009, 18:21
  3. Klosi: Levizjet e qeverisë, shumë shpejt revoltë popullore
    Nga Brari nė forumin Tema e shtypit tė ditės
    Pėrgjigje: 1
    Postimi i Fundit: 26-10-2005, 13:24
  4. Shpejt do vdes
    Nga kulla nė forumin Letėrsia shqiptare
    Pėrgjigje: 18
    Postimi i Fundit: 23-09-2004, 12:47
  5. OK shpejt e shpejt edhe unė!
    Nga Force-Intruder nė forumin Prezantoni veten nė forum
    Pėrgjigje: 20
    Postimi i Fundit: 02-01-2004, 20:31

Regullat e Postimit

• Ju nuk mund tė hapni tema tė reja.
  • Ju nuk mund tė postoni nė tema.
  • Ju nuk mund tė bashkėngjitni skedarė.
  • Ju nuk mund tė ndryshoni postimet tuaja.
  •